Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

To reply to my own post,

One thing that's interesting about this post thus far and somewhat disheartening:

So far 6 people have commented on their frustrations regarding a near touch only device for Blackberry.  Good start for a post only 24 hours old.  But this same post has 174 views.

That means only 4.5% of the people so far seem to share in these frustrations enough to comment.  Based on my friends observation earlier, that would mean over 95% of those that read this post (which we can infer already have some kind of vested interest in the platform because otherwise why are they here) support Blackberries new position.

So I suppose my plea to anyone reading this post is that if you feel the same way, register and leave a comment.  It's quick and painless and it's the only method we have to try to enact any kind of change.  Because the reality is, if we really are only 4% of what is already only 4% of a market, our concerns will go unanswered.  It's just good business sense.

- Robbie

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Robbie,

I don't know if you have tried this at all, but I just had a nice, constructive conversation with some folks at BlackBerry to give them feedback.  It's technically a support line for those with "questions or comments about your new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone", but the guy was very happy and willing to discuss the Q10 with me.

I don't know if it will necessarily get more notice from the developers at BlackBerry than we could achieve through this forum, but it could be worth a try for all of us to speak our collective voice so that BlackBerry receives the proper feedback.

They can be reached at +1 877 552 5532.

Hope this helps.

New Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: rogers

thank you . i called and they are trying to helpbut don't havr answers so fast

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Z10 Rogers

I also just called that number.  They were very helpful about some of my problems with the OS10 software.  My biggest complaint is not being able to delete an email off my phone and have it remain on my desktop.  I have just been told by Blackberry that this is being looked into.  There have been many many complaints about this, and the person I was speaking to is so hopeful that it should be included in the next software update.  I hope so.  I will be very happy to leave my 9900 to either purchase the Z10 or Q10. 

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

All good points and I agree - am contemplating going back to the Bold.

Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: EE (UK)

Much as I'd like to fly the flag high for the Q10 the points made on this thread are all valid. That said I will not be going back to my Bold which became very slow and prone to lockups.

My main Q10 gripes are with some of the limitations of the new touch screen abilities, such as cut and paste and the lack of integration with Outlook Calendar.

I was also expecting improved battery life, something I'm yet to see.

The Q10 is a much better phone than my old Blackberry but I wish they'd talked to more loyal Blackberry users before making what has been such a big leap in functionality.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

So after having something like 9 Blackberry's, including trying the Z10 and the Q10, I have been trying the Samsung Galaxy S4. Here are my preliminary findings

Pro's for the Blackberry:

Keyboard is way better. The predictions and corrective text are so much better on the Z10 and even the Q10

Camera with Time Shift is awesome

Q10 keyboard is the best, BB's keyboards always have been the best

Security - I never had to worry

Push email

Hub is easy to get to

Calendar is better, but Google calendar is better on S4

I find notifications better on the Blackberry such as new email and texts

Pro's for the S4

There are so many more apps. Alot are junk, but I do like the variety I have

Widgets are very powerful and flexable

I can disable my work email on the weekend easily

I love the TV remote feature. My family is always misplacing the remotes. I don't have to worry about it anymore

Nicer screen

Google integration is amazing

Google Calendar

Games are better, but not important to me

Netflix

Google Hang Out (like BBM video)

neither phone seems to hook up to Outlook's public folders. Work has 3000 contacts that get updated all the time and I have not found a fix for either phone (I have a few things I am checking out)

When I was taking my Q10 back, I was realizing that my days of extream productivity with a portable device is now gone. Nothing was as efficient as my Blackberry's were.

This makes me very sad.

That said, I am still not sold on what direction to take, but I am leaning toward sticking with the S4

Nathan

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T mobile UK

wow...this is an eye opener. I've had a bold 9000 for a year and I'm wanting to upgrade.  I would love a phone with a better more interactive browser and for that reason alone I was looking to the Q10 despite the fact that my favourite apps are not available on the Q10.  But I refuse to fork out £450 for a phone so now I'm thinking of sticking to my original plan and get the bold 9900 instead...but the browser on the 9900 is still quite basic and I would love a phone with a decent browser like on the iphone.

Contributor

I've now had a few more days with one of the worst phones ever (Q10). Matters just get worse. I spoke to BB support (who I felt very sorry for - it's not their fault they have to deal with this mess) as much as they wanted to help, the issues are beyond them. They are promising some fixes in the next update due in a couple of weeks, but some of the issues and bugs I pointed out don't seem to have been on the radar at all. Regarding contacts not synchronising properly (many fields such as middle name and other phone number are not synchronised at all), I'm seriously hoping are resolved in the next update. Otherwise, I will have to throw this very frustrating phone away and either move back to my 9900 or just go to the latest iphone (it hurts to even say that)! I'm finding many other bugs nearly on a daily basis. Some of the good new features are totally wiped out by all the bugs on this frustrating phone. One of the worst is the screen going dark for a few seconds (long enough to loose a call sometimes) when the phone rings meaning you can't see who is calling and you certainly can't swipe to answer!!! A similar issue when trying to hang up! When planning to get rid of buttons, BB should have found a good replacement before making this mistake! They should have put a warning on the box of this phone, in large letters: WARNING! THIS PHONE IS NOT SUITABLE TO LONG TIME BB USERS. IT MAY HARM YOUR HEALTH! The number of times I have seen red and lost my temper with this phone has definitely impacted my health and well being...
Contributor

They should have put a warning on the box of this phone, in large letters: WARNING! THIS PHONE IS NOT SUITABLE TO LONG TIME BB USERS. IT MAY HARM YOUR HEALTH! The number of times I have seen red and lost my temper with this phone has definitely impacted my health and well being...