Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

RIM will only survive this mess if they very quickly (may already be too late) launch a true upgrade to the 9900. Improve it slightly to stop it crashing. A little more power and some more memory should do the trick. This will keep us loyal BB fans going until a new bug free better version of the Q10 comes out. BB please listen to what we are telling you...
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T mobile UK

The memory on the 9900 is a lot better than on the 9000 which I have to reboot every 2 days!
Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: orange

I dont think you should of gone for the Z10 then Q10 because the Q10 is basically the Z10 with a keyboard... and go for the HTC One the samsung galaxy s4 is just the samsung galaxy s3 with a better camera and bigger screen.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T mobile UK

I'm convinced...after months of researching all the options  and deliberating I have finally made a decision and bought the 9900 at a reasonable price on Amazon today.  Now hoping that it does arrive this time and that it is not defective....here's hoping...looking forward to having more memory to play with...not that app world is anything to get excited about!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Having had my Q10 for a week now, I could not agree more with all the dissatisfied users here.

Add to this 'no auto Bcc.' function, important if you want to have a copy of your 'sent' emails on your outlook, and I believe the Q10 is a flop. It's back to the 9900 for me.

Shame on you BB, for launching the Q10 way before it was ready and a truly finished BB product.

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

im in the same shoes, have survived for couple of days dont know what do to now back to 9900 or try few other days and then back to 9900 .. Smiley Sad((

Contributor
My Device: Q10, Bold 9900, 9700 & Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

After many trouble free years with a Bold 9700 & 9900 I foolishly allowed myself to get sucked in by the hype surrounding the Q10. I had decided to stick with my 2 year old 9900 and continue with my carrier on a sim only package with all the financial benefits that would deliver. Well somehow I let the guys at Crackberry and the BBLive event in Florida completely hook me ! I am now 2 weeks into a 2 year contract with a phone I want to love and expected to love but that fundamentally is not fit for purpose.

I cannot accept that after years of being able to syc my BB to my PC Outlook/calendars, POP3 emails etc, multiple twitter accounts and have controlled data costs both here in the UK and whilst traveling through Europe using BIS that none of these things are now possible on the Q10. This is a business phone by a company that lead the world, nee invented the genre of business phones and this phone launches with what can only be described as "my first smart phone" It's currently a premium priced product that btw didn't even come with a carry case like all my previous BB's and is absolutely not a massive leap forward in user experience. 

I am probably classed as a dinosaur by younger generations but I'm sorry I'm happy to be blessed with the ability to know that it's not un cool to know when something is not what your told it is and just not up to the job. My background is automotive and can you imagine Ford bringing out a new Focus that didn't have Bluetooth, integrated satnav, power windows etc etc. Apart from the fact that you can test drive a car before you buy it could you see the Ford press people saying " well it's a great new car and it looks really nice and I'm sure we will get round to offering those things in the future LIKE OUR OLDER MODELS USED TO HAVE.

I want to hold onto this Q10 in the belief that it will sometime soon fulfill its potential and become a logical successor to the products that I loved to own BECAUSE THEY DID WHAT THEY WERE MEANT TO DO.

BTW my BB9900 also had a "Hub". It was called the home page where I could see right away what had just come into my phone. In fact I didn't even have to look as there was and option of having a variety of different notification sounds which you could assign to functions like email accounts, SMS, whatsapp and twitter etc. Touch that track pad and bang you're straight in, read, straight out, carry on working/living.

I think I just answered my own question but how disappointed am I.

Hope that made sort of sense to someone ?

Drive

I want to believe
New Developer

It's like with any new product, you can be an early adopter and automatically be part of an "extended" Beta testing program (in which you are the unpaid beta tester of course), or wait for a few months till the beta testing has finished and the vendor has released all patches and updates, kind of like how large corporations wait till a Service Pack is released for the latest MS product before they upgrade to it.
New Contributor

As a frequent business traveller (out of Country almost 200 days per year, I have now road tested this Q10 extensively in the past 4 weeks. (I traded in my bullet-proof 9700.) Bottom line here? Back to the BOLD I go. And if my current provider (ROGERS) will not provide a full credit (3 year plan) for the Q10, then I will gadly eat the cost of the phone, drive over the Q10 with my car, and go to BELL for the free 9900 on a 3-year commitment. Heck, I may even re-activiate my 9700!

Sadly, by all accounts on this forum (and many others, including various industry experts opinions), Blackberry will cease to exist as we know them within the next 12 months unless they 'seriously' pay attention to their customers.

Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I second that motion.