Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: tmobile

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

Just wanted to throw my support with pretty much everything said in this thread!

I applaud BB for making a nice touchscreen/gesture experience, but they shouldn't have thrown out the keyboard experience with it!  For every gesture and touchscreen butotn, there should be an equivalent on the keyboard.  I shold be able to manage the whole hub experience without ever having to leave the keyboard.  That's the whole point of having a keyboard!

I don't think it would be too hard to throw this functionality in the OS.  They should have made a few buttons for this (a hub button or something), but there should be ways to do this with just a basic qwerty keyboard.

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

In fact, if someone can get used to q10 the next thing will that this someone will be getting used to iPhone, cos q10 is closer to iphone than bb. And it is no surprise to anyone that apple can make an attractivw phone but not business machine which q10 anymore as well. So why choose this then?!
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

To all of you, the 'truly' fans of BB. I you don't like it, leave it. There are and alwayls will be people who want to moan about something. And they will always find something to moan about. I don't see a simple reason of that thread.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE (UK)

I don't think it's as simple as everyone on here just having a moan. I admit the title of the thread is pretty aggresive but like all good headlines it did get us all to read it!

Hopefully if Blackberry take the time to trawl through these threads they will seize on some of the constructive critisism and be able to address at least some of the issues.

I'm not going back to any previous Blackberry myself and there's lots about the Q10 I really like but for me the move from Blackberry services to data use has been an expensive change and I'm also suprised how quickly the battery runs down.

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: tmobile

"If you don't like it, leave it".

Yah, that's a sound philosophy to live by.

New Developer
My Carrier: Rogers

Sure! I paid $550 for my Q10. The second Blackberry reimburses me, I'll "leave". Until i'm reimbursed, Blackberry will hear about everything that doesn't work on their product... until these issues are fixed of course, after which I have no reason to bother Blackberry.

My Carrier: T Mobile

You are definitely  not the only one.

I had a Bold 9900 and was very pleased with it's ergonomics and functionality; unfortunately the phone was stolen and I opted for a Q10 as a replacement. 

I have now lived with my Q10 for the past two weeks and whilst I have noticed some keyboard enhancements, I feel almost paralysed without the track ball and back buttons.  Most operations that I intuitively picked up on my Bold cumbersome, or no longer possible.

I am very frustrated and disappointed with the Q10 and plan to see if I can exchange the my new phone for a Bold 9900.

Chris

Super Contributor

further to my previous posts, as blackberry veteran (used the platform forever) i am actually thinking about ios now, especially with their todays announcements http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/.  the only thing that not sure about is the lack of physical keyboard but the phone looks very constructive (as the bb 7 was, even lacking the design still was great). 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Leaving Q10 for the 9900

Gentlemen,

We are all struggling with two issues:

1. The Q10 looks and feels too much like a "smartphone" (ie an apple or samsung), as opposed to a "true BB"

2. There is no one to help solve or provide credible updates on when solutions will be available for the MANY and SEVERE flaws in the new product.

There is nothing anyone can do about the first - we accept or not - each their own.

What bugs me more is the extraordinary lack of communication and support in relation to this completely disasterous product launch.

Even Apple came out after a few days, providing work arounds when they failed in their latest launch and were forgiven almost by everyone immediately - here BBY is just pouring more fuel on the fire!

Super Contributor

Cant agree more with you. Spoke to someone who lives in London .. On tube you see less and less bb, people are just switching to ios etc. For me that is a big move, but if bb doesnt do something asap i be will forced to do that move Smiley Sad there are so many bugs that dont know whether they are actully capable to solve them all in realistic time.