Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

I totally agree with IoannisFCN. nothing to be happy abt just it does state the point that people want old bb back and maybe this will make them think abt it.

also i am looking frw to tomorrow when other platforms will join BBM, which from my point of view was a good decision, only as usually question regarding the security of the msg between bbm users with different platforms? 

now i only hope that there will be Q10 like a hardware phone with trackpad only running old OS7 something with BES. 

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I think most of us agree with loaniss that it's a sad situation over people's jobs, etc.

Who would not be?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE (UK)

BlackBerry-market-share.png

It's all happened so fast Blackberry had no choice but to upgrade their handsets, I'm sorry to see the focus on the problems with the leap to OS10, there is much to celebrate but the tide has moved so quickly Blackberry's loyal fanbase are in danger of being left behind. There's no good news here for anyone who loves Blackberry. I speak as someone who had a Psion organiser in the 80s and a Motorola in the 90s and have seen the wind of change a few times.

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

also for the BBMs, BlackBerry will be able to see how many people with BB ID have migrated away. believe that is quite a bit, i am the only one left in my crown that used to be bb now on ios.
Contributor
My Carrier: vodafon

There is one more thing why I want to go back on BB9900.

When I receive phone call for some person, for example, John Smith from company XYZ Ltd, I see only name of this person on Q10 screen, not a company name. In that 3-5 seconds when I want to answer I can not recal from witch company John Smith call me and some time I am in embarrassing situation.

Btw, I am working with more then 200 companies and I have more then 1500 contacts in my phone book 

On screen of BB9900 there was name of the person and the name of the company!!

is this possible to have on Q10 also?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

@ JSanderys

I really believe that you're the one who really doesn't get it.

Many contributors here have not been posting opinions, which are "negative nelly whining over and over"! Moreover, a major portion of the comments have just been critical to a hard and software environment around OS10. I believe that to be legitimate.

Perhaps we all should not over-estimate this thread. The critival voices here then, are not at a quantity to influence sales and acceptance of a new product. There are enough critical views in the iOS, Android and other worlds, which do not have any material impact on sales and usage. Apparently, this thread, however, seems to be the top of an iceberg.

The critical comments (and criticism does not inertly mean negative!) are a result of the experience gained by many experienced and trusted BlackBerry supporters over many years of usage in an evolutionary environment. Technological "revolution" is always a risk, a risk then taken by BlackBerry management. That's the way it is ...

I personally still use a 9900, after having discarded my Q10. Please remember that this has been the topic of this thread!

There is no reason for thinking in a "when/if" context, although I do believe that a reasonable development within a somewhat updated OS7 environment paired with, as in the past also, updated hardware would have lured many satisfied BlackBerry users to purchase a new device, and then also to stick with this. Adjacent to that, perhaps other ambivalent smart phone purchasers may then also have moved on to BlackBerry within its' niche. Actually, even the iPhone, with a very moderate market share, has a niche position supported by excellent marketing. But, that all is theory.

The world moves on and whether BlackBerry will show a screen with GAME OVER will be seen in the future.

I persönally regret the development, especially due to the uncertainty of perhaps having to move on to another platform. There is no comparable easy going smart phone in the market as BlackBerry in the past more than 10 years, at least for me as a heavy business user. 

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

AndyZed wrote:

@ JSanderys

I really believe that you're the one who really doesn't get it

Well, Andy, at least I can read my own numerous comments in this thread, me stating that I agree with needing this or that function back, sympathizing that this or that isn't working correctly... AND helping out those who ask.

What I haven't done is, as you are, trying to boil this down to personal attacks.

Users will get the device that best suits them. For some is it not the Q10. For some it is. And life goes on.

Trust me, I get it more than you understand. I am just not going to waddle in complaining about it, and instead I choose to do something about what I can.  What I don't understand is how you can hold so much contempt for another person who just simply doesn't take your path.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: EE (UK)

JSanders is a glass half full kind of guy on a glass half empty kind of thread. Yes, let's flag up the faults but there's room for diverse views and all the more so when a few helpful solutions are given to some of the issues.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q Classic, Q10, 9900(*2 retired), 8900 (retired), PlayBook*2
My Carrier: EE UK for Q10/20

ok folks, after all the hype, I am NOT awaiting BB to upload my OS, I have downloaded the 'leak' to 10.2.

so far so good, following all the instructions, and security wipe in progress.

it is now 21:56, will i have an operating phone within the hour?

PS - sorry to hear about the job losses at BB, I hope this Co can come back from the brink, as I prefer the Q10/9900 kb option.

Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: idea

I sense a vibe of sincerely... yes at times when our device which in most cases is like a life line doesn't ((OBEY uS) we just get **bleep** out...

So for upgraders to BlackBerry this transition is tuff but 1st timers on BlackBerry will lhopefully like it..

I too was too upset but from day 1 I knew I will need time as Q10 is from mars while 9900 was just getting better n better over several years..

Plz let us all hope that BlackBerry Character returns and also upgrades respect the basic soul of the OS7