Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

Any of us can ask BlackBerry management to review this thread. Specifically, Tweet to @MichaelClewley

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: vodafon

@JSanders,

i send him 5 tweets. we will see what he will answer.... keep you inform...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE (UK)

This thread was started by someone giving a measured opinion and the reasons why why he was going back to his Bold. There have now been all shades of opinion from a variety of people interested in the debate. Not everyone on the thread needs to have given up on the Q10 and if some, like JSanders, want to flag up the positives that's all well and good too. The one thing we can all agree on is we all want Blackberry to succeed. This is after all first and foremost a support forum so the first reasonable action from anyone who knows the new software well is to try and point out solutions.
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: sprint

They botched BB10 by not evolving it to retain the best features from BB7. The revolution was a little too much. Also being an owner of a bold9930 I did not like the deletion of the physical call menu and back keys +trackpad. RIM would have done well doing another bold with improved specs (maybe slightly taller for larger screen). The q10 physical design feels like a downgrade to the bold9900 even though it has a dramatically better OS and specs.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q20 Classic, Q10, PlayBook*1
My Carrier: EE UK for Q10/20

Update on the OS 10.2 Update
All went well during Sunday 22nd, after completing about 11pm Sat; but it all turned to poopoo today!

The Contacts, and Phone App "froze", and I had to do a Hard Re-Start twice. Also Synchronisation with Outlook was Not a happy experience.

In the end I did a factory reset on the Q10, and I'm back to 10.1.4xxx, I await the official upgrade from BB/VodafoneUK.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

What i find sad is that there is no number to call and talk to Blackberry, at least not for the Netherlands.

Or at least a emailadress.
Instead of Q10 i have the Z10 and if i look at the forums how many pages are written with problems and other things i hope that my telephone provider will take the unit back. 

I cannot send emails from my Z10 which was no problem with the 9300 Curve which i loved very much because of it's simplicity and fast access. The provider helped me a long time but cannot help me further. I know it is a problem for some people.

So i would like to know if the 10.2 version is giving me the option to delete the mail on the Z10 and let it stay on the server. Alsoo will i be able to send pop3 emails?

Alsoo it makes a mess with incoming emails and calls at the hub. It was better organized with the older BB's.

When i compare the 9300 vs Z10: Z10 has the better looks but is more complicated. It's not more easy.
So sorry to say, but i am glad if i can trade it for a other brand.
And when i look at the used market, i am not the only one.....

If BB doesn't listen to their customers it is over and out for BB.

No telephone and no email contact possible from the Netherlands.....very sad.....i loved my BB 9300 Curve.

Hi Bernard, your BlackBerry tech support is furnished by contract through your mobile provider.

How Formal Support Works

• http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Social-Lounge/How-Formal-Support-Works/td-p/2540533

BernardNew wrote:

So i would like to know if the 10.2 version is giving me the option to delete the mail on the Z10 and let it stay on the server.

From what I have seen so far, no. However, I have been told publicly that option was coming at some point.

BernardNew wrote:

. Alsoo will i be able to send pop3 emails?

POP email has been working since day one. If you have questions about how to configure your POP email, please start a new thread on that topic.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

That's what i mean, hiding behind the provider....Vodafone cannot solve my email problem!
I already started a thread about my email problem today. So let's see.

If that problem is solved i will wait for the 10.2. But to be honest, BB10 is not my cup of tea, i liked my 9300 Curve better. Simple and fast.

BernardNew wrote:

That's what i mean, hiding behind the provider....Vodafone cannot solve my email problem!

Don't be silly. When you purchsed the device with Vodafone service, your contract stated Vodafone would provide the technical support and warranty support on the device.

No one is hiding behind anything.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q20 Classic, Q10, PlayBook*1
My Carrier: EE UK for Q10/20

For BernardNew
---------------------
Not sure why POP mail not working on your BB10, I have factory-reset my Q10 three times over the past 6 weeks, and the BT e-mail set-up goes through OK each time. I am with EE(UK), so not sure how to solve your Vodafone problem.

Have you tried doing a Factory re-load, then going through basic set-up again?