Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

RobertVance wrote:

To reply to my own post,

One thing that's interesting about this post thus far and somewhat disheartening:

So far 6 people have commented on their frustrations regarding a near touch only device for Blackberry.  Good start for a post only 24 hours old.  But this same post has 174 views.

That means only 4.5% of the people so far seem to share in these frustrations enough to comment.  Based on my friends observation earlier, that would mean over 95% of those that read this post (which we can infer already have some kind of vested interest in the platform because otherwise why are they here) support Blackberries new position.

- Robbie

bots and spiders can change that count, you had 2300 views and now over 3000 from my bot scanning the page

i read you post and dont find the Q10 as bad. yes it is missing some of the Java features but it is a new OS and a new phone.

Track pad was removed since it broke too much

You can use this as a USB drive with out installing Link

There are more features coming but for a new platform it is doing much better than others on their first start.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Visitor
My Device: Q10 sqn100-1
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I just received the q10 today and I am frustrated to no end with the functionality of these units. I too wanted the keyboard but miss the trackball and the functionality of the Bold. Simple things like ring tones, alarms, ability to pick the functionality of the buttons, screen saver timeouts, poor instructions to start. What a disappointment Blackberry!
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

Time pases and it doesnt get betterSmiley Sad next surprise is that received an emailfrom my network provider thati have reached the max mb limit, i am not a heavy traveler but had two trips outside home country but in EU and neverswitched offmy email in previous bb9900 with q10 am already 60 euros for data, before the,ax i had was maybe 20 euroswith travelling outside EU. Way to go bbwith data taking off data compressing....
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 - PB64

Hi augusts, very interesting observation. It is probably due to what AndyZed has reported earlier re the BIS. This mysterious feature is not made clear in the marketing brochure.
But, where to find more information about this BIS?
I am suspicious of their tariffs, so even with my 9900, I switch it on only when absolutely necessary and off when traveling abroad.
Bernard
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

BIS is an e-mail option which, at least with Telekom (T-Mobile) among other advantages, provides a push service, which does not have any data volume restrictions. The monthly cost in Europe is about $6; well invested. OS10 does not foresee BIS, which in turn means that e-mail data volume (especially attachments and pictures etc.) burdon the contracted data packages extremely and of course the cost when in roaming.
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

Sadly bite.lv doesnt offer such pkg, we have to pay abt a euro for each mb used outside home country, didnt care abt that before he q10!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 - PB64

Vodafone UK offers a BIS email package at about £4.5/month in addition to the monthly subscription for the BB9900. Checking with them this morning, they said that it is not offered for the Q10  because email is covered by both the monthly subcription and the data allowance for communication in the UK only.

Communication abroad is chargeable on top but by taking an additional package at £3 /day the UK subcription would be extended abroad.

However none of this includes secure communication: Q10 Balance would run only if we acquire BES  ( £ £ £ ) . . . and this is another story . . .

Bernard
Regular Contributor

Please note that BIS is a completely different platform. It's a push service with which OS 10 is incompatible. E-Mail setup whether POP or IMAP is now done exactly the same way as in iOS and Android. MS-Echange has no major differences. I don't want to get into that much detail. Some of the major advantages of BIS in my opinion:

1. Better security
2. Managing of individual signatures
3. Allocation of individual bcc for different e-mail accounts
4. Possibility to enter alternate e-mail reply addresses
5. Clear cost advantages in connection with no data volune resulting in throttling of transfer rates

That's the reason the Q10 has been discarded and why I will be using my 9900 to the bitter end!
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: mtn

Hi robert...hw did you resolve your connection issues to a computer...my BlackBerry link isn't finding the q10 when I plug it via a usb cable...
Regular Contributor

What's new Isaac? My Q10 does connect, but the settings for synchronization are not clickable. BlackBerry link is just not working properly and is.much to complicated in comparison to the desktop manager.