Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

This is also my first forum, which I am writing in. I do believe that with the change from RIM to BlackBerry, company policy has been altered and that the "old" target group was given up. There will be no reaction by BlackBerry. Hence all the constructive criticism given by loyal users of the past will be neglected. It's like fighting against windmills.

At least I'm still happy with my 9900 and have discarded my Q10. The basics of OS10 will probably never alleviate the "pains" of the staunch BlackBerry community of the past.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 - PB64

Let's hope BB is listening. But there is no commitment for BB to do so. However they might be interested in the number of effective "Returns" compared to the number of "Sales". This is the level at which any improvement decision is taken.

For me I would like to thank all the participants to this forum. Your comments are very useful for me.

I like the Q10 specification and I need it. But the forum tells me what the real thing is, the one we buy in (or not).

As a consequence I decided to forget Q10 for now. I will review my BB9900 upgrade to Q10 by the end of the year or early 2014 unless a miracle occurs before. No need to be a victims of the BB marketing.

My BB9900 is performing sufficiently well for the moment.

Wishing the best possible to all

Bernard
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Fido

To me the Q10 is more like an android with a keypad. And it is just a keypad... nothing more. It didnt feel like blackberry. My 9900 IS a blackberry.
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Globe

I totally agree to this trends I am so much dissapointed as well for the same reasons as that of BIGN
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello to you all,

Simple question. Most of you are saying that Q10 and OS10 to be correct, is like IOs or Android and almost everyone is saying that he or she will swap to either of it. Think for a moment - you're saying you already have these os' lookalike and you're still going to one of them again?! What the ...? You just don't sound serious. How even expect someone or BB to take you serious? Stop moaning and adapt. If you have a problem, try to solve it.

Regards,
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Regular Contributor

Quite a strange comment, kosten4! Why adapt to an inferior system in comparison to os 7.1. It's not just the Q10 that's the problem, it's the whole concept behind it. Please read the serious critique before demeaning the other contributers!

Why should one adapt to something that is bad and almost useless?
Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I don't know android, but I have an ipad. If I move away from blackberry (no keyboard) I would move to an iphone which I find much better than the Q10. The reason we are "moaning" is because we love (or loved) BlackBerry, and the Q10 has lost many of the features that attracted us to BlackBerry and made us so loyal in the first place.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook; Bold9900 4G; Z10LLTE
My Carrier: Bell

Hello Koston4. Most of us are saying the Q10 keyboard is not functional and that the 9900 is a better business phone. It is at this moment. This forum is overwhelming evidence that Blackberry did not do adequate focus groups among its classic user group. It's fixable if the keyboard can be programmed. The tone of this forum has leaked out into the stock market (See SearchingAlpha.com) and that will wake up BlackBerry management while we continue with our 9900's for six or nine months.
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: EE (UK)

I've got used to the lack of trackpad but the software seems a bit buggy and for me relying on using data roaming rather than blackberry services for email is proving too expensive. I was in Italy for just over 24 hours and managed to spend over £60 to keep email working. Yes, I know wi-fi is a cheaper option but it's not always practical. Part of the problem is the mobile companies trying to claw back money now they have been forced to lower phone charges when roaming. 

Regular Contributor

Yes, Mike1, BIS is a must!