Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Most expensive in Canada

Why no sound profiles on 10?

Rim - I want sound/notification profiles back

What was wrong with

• Normal
  • Loud
  • Medium
  • Silent
  • Vibrate Only
  • Phone Calls only

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Why no sound profiles on 10?

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

Currently you cannot create custom profiles on the Q10. Could happen in future OS update.

Sorry
My Device: q10
My Carrier: verizon

Yes the poster is correct, i need these back!!!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I miss them as well

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

I miss them too. I miss a lot of things. Like fonts. I loved BB Casual. When BlackBerry finally got BB10 out the door it was streamlined and much different than BB7. Maybe they were going for an entirely new feel. Or perhaps it was just a complicaiton for which BlackBerry didn't have the time to deal with. Keyboard shortcuts were left out too. I hope a lot of these missing features come back. Users are screaming for some of the old ways. Some of these things should be relatively simple fixes. 

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: verizon

I wonder if this ap has profiles or just customizes the normal profile?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/23216879/

The thinkn I liked about BB is you don't need aps to make it work perfectly...

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

rambo47 wrote:

I miss them too. I miss a lot of things. Like fonts. I loved BB Casual. When BlackBerry finally got BB10 out the door it was streamlined and much different than BB7. Maybe they were going for an entirely new feel. Or perhaps it was just a complicaiton for which BlackBerry didn't have the time to deal with. Keyboard shortcuts were left out too. I hope a lot of these missing features come back. Users are screaming for some of the old ways. Some of these things should be relatively simple fixes. 

keyboard shortcuts are present

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

I want the ones like hitting "K" to toggle sound profile to silent. Although without sound profiles there's not much use for  a shortcut to it. True speed dialing, one-touch from the home screen is another thing I miss. Or launching an app with just a keystroke. Those are the things that made using a BlackBerry so darn efficient it was addictive.