Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Wifi hotspot notification

Hi all,

I've got my Q10 for about 2 weeks now and every time get in range of my home wifi I get a "wi-fi Hotspot Login" notification asking me if I would like to login to my home wifi.

My 9900 just connected without asking anything.

Is there a way to have the Q10 just connect to the wifi once it is within range?

Thanks!

Robert.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Wifi hotspot notification

Once you've logged into your home Wi-Fi, it should save that profile for future logins just like your 9900 did. Why it isn't, I'm not sure.

I've had certain issues where I had to redo things a few times before they took. I'm guessing if you keep at it, eventually your phone will remember your details and will keep them. 

Not a really technical answer but it might be just the ticket.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi Bill,

I have tried deleting the saved network and setting it up again, but the notifications keep going on.

At the moment is seems to be connected (it says "connected" in green underneath the ssid of my network) but there is also a red "Login to conect to the internet' line.

If i click that, the hotspot login page opens saying i'm connected.

There must be some way to automate this??!!

Could it be because my network is a clustered one?

Hope someone can help me because its getting quite annoying having log in every time I walk out- and into the network range.

Regards,

Robert.

New Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Airtel

I have a Blackberry Passport and am facing the same problem.

It repeatedly asks to Login to WiFi Hotspot and after some time, gets automatically disconnected and asks me to do it all over again.

I have set the Inter-Access Point Handover to ON.

This happens only with one particular wifi access point, not in all.