Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Word substitutions on bb Q10 won't save

So, it's happened again. Word substitutions just stopped being suggested this morning on my BB Q10. I tried the solution that fixed it before, but things just went from bad to worse.
At first, factory word substitutions were being suggested, and only my personal subs were not appearing. As I reset this and rebooted that and tried everything, I noticed that no new word substitutions could be added either. The words are all in the substitution list. but will NOT appear in green text when I type the phrase. Now after a whole day of trying to fix it with reboots, battery pulls, software updates, capitalizations turned on and off, input languages changed, etc., many of the factory words are not suggested either. Myver and Mynumber still work, but that's about it. I have come to the idea that the words are somehow not being saved where they can be re-accessed by the predictor. I'm wondering if a new OS update has automatically been installed which has wiped out my word subs first and now won't save changes properly. Can anyone suggest any fix whatsoever? It is maddening because I depend so much on my word subs, and can't imagine living without them!