Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: fido

blackberry q10 contacts don't sync with gmail

Calendar and email are syncing with gmail no problem, contacts are not. Please help.

Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Etisalate

Re: blackberry q10 contacts don't sync with gmail

Hi,

Please go to Settings; Accounts; select your Gmail account, select Contacts

Hope this resolve your issue

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Orange France

this does not work
My Carrier: Bell

It definitely does not.  Nor can I synch my contacts with any email program except outlook.  BB and RIM seem to be working very hard to push me away.

My Carrier: Orange France

I have found a partial work around to manually sync the Gmail contacts with the Q 10. Not sure if it is down to luck or anything but here goes:

1. go to settings/accounts/ (your email account)

2. if it doesn't work, under contacts it should say "not connected"

3. click on it and go down to SERVER, it should say google.com

4. manually change it to something else for example m.google.com and click save

5. it should sync your calendar, email but not contacts.

6. come out of it, go back in and re-enter google.com as the server and save.

This time it should import your contacts from Gmail.

CLARIFICATION:

This operation seems to import contacts from Gmail to Q10 but NOT the other way around, in case of conflict it will overwrite Q10 contacts with ones from Gmail

I am on an Orange France contract so this may not work the same with other network providers

New Contributor

I am having the same problem and tried this and contacts still not importing from gmail to BBQ10 Smiley Sad

I can't even manually enter a single contact -- it won't save!!

New Contributor

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!! So frustrated with my new BB-Q10. I have been enjoying most of the features for the last 2 days but can't seem to get my contacts to import from my old Torch. I did have them synced from a third party (real estate) program that was previously syncing directly to my old Torch and realize that may have been the problem but I have now saved all my contacts to Gmail and I still can't get them to import. I can't even enter a single contact manually!! I have tried everything suggested on the BlackBerry forums, googling for answers, restoring original settings and reloading software, device switches, etc and nothing works...ANY TIPS???

Super Contributor
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Make sure you're typing in the mail in the correct way - gmail.com or googlemail.com, it was the problem in my case.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
New Contributor

Thank you for the tip Kosten4 but that didn't work for me.  It is not accepting that as a server address but in any event, there must be more wrong with the phone or software itself as it seems to have no problem pulling up my calendar and messages from the same gmail account.  There must be something wrong with the contacts portion of the software or phone as I have now given up trying to import from gmail, csv files, etc. and tried to manually save a single name/number at a time and it still won't save.  Will bring it back to where I bought it to see if they have any other suggestions Smiley Sad 

Super Contributor
My Carrier: vodafone UK

One more thing. When you go to contacts, settings can you check if 'show contacts' Gmail is on. When in the phone book, hit the top left icon and check if you've selected 'all' or something else. When you go to accounts, how do you see it, mail, calendar and contacts or?

Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!