Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: fido

bought a blackberry q10 out right from a carrier, and now no one will service it. WHAT DO I DO?

firstly im a huge phone guy and ive almost had every blackberry made since 2002.

when the blackberry q10 came out, first day i went and bought one from a rogers store. even tho im from fido. 

i popped my fido sim in a it worked without unlocking it. 

now the phone has come up with some problems and need it to be services right away. 

i called rogers and they said call fido.

called fido, they told me to call rogers, when i told them they told me to call them, they told me to call blackberry.

blackberry does not service phones directly, they first need it to be sent in from a carrier for them to be able to even look at it. 

i have the bill of sale. im the first owner. and now NO ONE WILL FIX IT.  what do i do? 

honestly im a huge fan of blackberry, but this is seriously a joke.... i paid $800 for a phone, thats broken and no one will fix it. 

please someone tell me what to do.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: D1

Re: bought a blackberry q10 out right from a carrier, and now no one will service it. WHAT DO I DO?

Well: the best would be to re-sell it. The money loss is pain enough to never turn bach to BlackBerry again! I only can tell everybody else: I never had so much probs with phone/computer! Now I got a (let's say) Iphone with keyboard and that is not what someone on this planet needs for business! Q10 is cool for kids but too expensive for them. For Business? Ugly and a real time and energy harvester.
Don't have time to deal with this junk. Live is to short to waste time on understanding other peoples sytem design.
So this is what I will do:
PUT IT IN THE NEXT BIN!
or
SELL IT TO DECREASE YOUR PAIN!
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: bought a blackberry q10 out right from a carrier, and now no one will service it. WHAT DO I DO?

im from the UK so have to ask this.

is rogers store a high street shop and fido is your line provider. also are you on monthly contract or pay as you go.

if it was a upgrade then fido should be the one to repair it.

as you bought from rogers store and have a bill of purchase and it is less than one year old then the warranty is with rogers store and they or whoever they use to repair things for them are liable to do the repair.

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: fido

rogers and fido are both line providers. 

upgrading contracts in canada is a huge scam. i rather buy it out right then deal with those crooks. 

honestly im already losing a lot buy just buying this phone. 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Usually, a carrier will support phones purchased from it and not phones that were not. You purchased the phone from Rogers so you would think they would support it but since you don't have your monthly service with them, they won't support it and since your monthly service provider (Fido) didn't sell you the phone, they won't support it. The funny thing is that Fido is owned by Rogers (but is operated as a separate entity).

In this case, I suggest that your best bet at some good support is to post your question here and let us do what we can for you. Incidentally, this would be the same for any brand of phone you purchased and not just BlackBerry phones (in case that was going to come up in a later post of yours).

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.