Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Q10 v10.3.1.1565
My Carrier: {unbranded}
Accepted Solution

can I remove gmail email account but leave gmail contacts and calendar?

hello everyone,

I want to remove gmail e-mail account from my HUB, but I don't want to remove gmail account entirely as I still want to sync calendar and - more important - contacts. Is any way to do that? To fullfil your quriosity I have configured domain with my google account, so I have secondary email account which is the right domain address and I rather don't use google address in my messages.

OR at least:

Is there a way to entirely disable email account sync? I have set refresh in settings to "manual" but it still does refresh when I enable wifi or data which is crazy because bb10 ate my all data plan when I wanted to check bus because I get a lot of emails.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: can I remove gmail email account but leave gmail contacts and calendar?

Should be no problem. You might have to re-add the account from scratch and leave email off but calendar and contacts sync on, but this should work as long as your GMail account is still valid. 

Developer
My Device: Q10 v10.3.1.1565
My Carrier: {unbranded}

I was ready to delete all account and re-add it, so I entered Accounts->Gmail->Messages, I've pressed "Delete" and there is message that "messages, calendar and contacts will be deleted" but actually it deletes only e-mail, so it works without re-adding, like it should, but with wrong warning.

Thanks for inspiration!

My Device: bold 9970
My Carrier: 40730970212

I have the same problem, but I could not find the ''Accounts - gmail - messages' menu. Are you refering to set-up / internet email accounts? If that's the one, when I click on the gmail account, there is no distinct menu for messages , I only have the option to delete the full account. Did this work for your w/o deleting the contacts, or is there another menu I should be in?

thanks for the help.