Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

(.com.au email address w/ Outlook 2013) 'Unable to find connection information. Please use advance setup.'

Hello community,

I have a Q10 and synced my company's email address (ending in .com.au) with the BB Hub.

It worked just fine for like six months.

Then, at first I was still able to send mails from the account, BUT NOT RECEIVE THEM.

Then after a few days I couldn't even send anymore.

So I decided to delete the account completely and re-install/re-sync it again. Unfortunately all I get now is the pop-up mentioned in the caption: 'Unable to find connection information. Please use advance setup.

Please help me I'm kinda falling into despair.

KR

AGold

PS. All other accounts, i.e. Gmail plus two other German accounts ending in '.de' work just fine!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: (.com.au email address w/ Outlook 2013) 'Unable to find connection information. Please use advance setup.'

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The on-device email configuration "wizard" queries the server, based on the email address you provide, for the necessary connection information (server names, ports, etc.). If the server does not respond with the necessary information, the wizard cannot continue...it simply must have that information in order to configure the email account onto the device.

The prompt you received was exactly that...it could not obtain from the server the settings required to configure your account, and advises that you must use the advanced screens and configure all of those settings manually. You can obtain the settings from your email service provider, as well as attempt to run this tool to provide you with the settings:

• Article ID: KB33444 How to use the Email Account Validation Tool (EAVT)

Once you have the settings, you bypass the on-device wizard and proceed to the advanced screens, and manually enter all of the required settings.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................