Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: Glo

contact sync

I owned a BB 9800 Torch. It served me very well until the audio packed up. I chose a BB Q10 which i now find is not very smart at all.   (1) If i store Peter on 07055332555 and Peter sends me a text on +2347055332555 the name of Peter would not appear or vice versa. This is embarrassing. So if one's boss is saved with say +2347055332555 having received a text from him, when he calls you on 07055332555 you query who is calling,as his name does not show. you could be fired.  (2) With the 9800 i could dial a UK or US no. from Nigeria and it would transcribe it to the required code and make my call. That is smart. And Q 10 is more expensive than 9800.                                                                         If the contact malfunction is not rectified i would drop the Q 10. I'm tired of cueing in all variations of one number to be able to know who is calling. Overall, too the response time of Q10 is too SLOW. (3) I need help to rectify this contact malfunction.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: contact sync

Hey lordpeter,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

This problem may be related to the issue outlined in the following article:
Caller ID does not show associated contact when country code is included in phone number

I would suggest to check this article for any updates on this issue and also install any available software updates when notified.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!