Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: STARHUB

difficulty editing text messages without the scroll buttons or arrow/ direction keys to move the cursor freely

I have just bought the Q10 and realising too late that it does not come with the usual scroll button to move the cursor  in up/down and left/ right directions, i have to tap my fat fingures on the screen when i want to edit the text written earlier. most of the time i just delete the whole passage and retype again, can someone please tell me how to solve this problem?

thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: difficulty editing text messages without the scroll buttons or arrow/ direction keys to move the cursor freely

i tap on where i want to edit and then tap the bubble left or right to center it on what i want it on

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: STARHUB

Re: difficulty editing text messages without the scroll buttons or arrow/ direction keys to move the cursor freely

Thanks Knottyrope,

i tried that, but it is difficult to manouvre the bubble as well, i ended up sending the message before its completed. Another problem also arise after this, due to moving the bubble too much, i end up closing (exit) the message, when i reopen the conversation, there wasn't a draft saved like the past phones would.

Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: BlackBerry

You're right. Even when you are saving a contact the call come, you could not find it again when you are back after attending the call.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Yes, tapping the bubble left or right is the way to do it but may I suggest that the bubble does not work that well since most people would prefer to have a scroll type functionality where one can drag the cursor to exactly where the edit needs to take place rather than tap tap tap ones way through the message. One can drag with the bubble but my fingers are to large maybe since I can not see where I am ending up :-). Nick