Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830
Accepted Solution

does anybody like the Q10???

Wow, what bad messages I'm reading about the new Q. Professionally I live on my device for the 4 major on board apps, plus Docs to Go. Be straight with me - Do I need to forget about the Q for now?
Phil
Contributor
My Device: No Device
My Carrier: No Provider

Re: does anybody like the Q10???

i too like it.

Sandeep Sharma
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I have perhaps five close friends with a Q10, they love it.

I've read some disatisfaction, but nothing that can't be overcome.

What four apps do you use currently which you can't do without?

Are you still on the 8830?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Lol wow lets get back to on topic here! I personally love the Q10 but I never use a touch screen in my life so Z10 is the way to go!
My Device: 8830

I'm continually on MemoPad, Tasks, Calendar & Contacts. I do all my word processing using Docs to Go. I text & email all the time. I could do without browsing before could miss any one of those. I have the 9930.
Phil
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Memo Pad and Tasks have been combined into the Remember app. I couldn't say whether you would like them or not. They're different. Find one in a store or find a friends to try out.

If you need to sync Memo and Tasks to Outlook you will be frustrated since it doesn't currently do that unless you're on Exchange 2010 or later.

Docs to Go works great.

Email seems to be limited to 30 days on the device in many cases unless you're on an Exchange server, as well.

I have both a Q10 and a Z10 and love them both. I use the Z10 as my main device only because of the big screen. Functionally, they are the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8330 > 9650 > Q10 > 9650 > 9930
My Carrier: VZW

The idea of the Q10 is terrific; the execution is from hunger.

I know of nobody other than myself who has moved to an OS10 BB device. Some remain on their Bolds.

Everybody else I know has migrated to iPhone, and nobody from my from BBM connections remains.

The 10s are too little, too late.

But the keyboard will keep diehards, like me, on BB until the bitter end.

I think it just won't keep me on a 10 device.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

@Phil:

A strange question ... I definitely do not like the Q10 and have returned it to the vendor. If you have never "professionally" used a BlackBerry, you may like it. OS10 is like Android or iOS but not as good. The keyboard may be inticing, but doesn't get over the shortcomings in comparison to prior models. I think that I know what I'm talking about, as having been a staunch BlackBerry follower since 10 Years with at least 8 different models. I will be sticking to my bold 9900 until it falls apart and then move on to a smart phone which at least assures some continuity in usage. The Q10 will in my opinion never be able to come to the needs of a heavy business user. OS10 may be for fun, but not for business.

The Q10/OS10 has so many flaws, which probably will never be solved! Maybe that BlackBerry management has defined a new target group, to which I definitely do not belong.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

AndyZed wrote:

I think that I know what I'm talking about, as having been a staunch BlackBerry follower since 10 Years with at least 8 different models.

I guess the similar fact that I've used a BlackBerry, also professionally, for the same amount of time, and even more models, and now I am using the Q10, and I don't see all those "so many flaws".

And, I know what I'm talking about also. It's opinion... we have have 'em.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Yes.

Initially a bit of a learning curve coming from the Bold, but so far great.

Do miss the buttons, but otherwise, OS impressive.

There is work to be done, look forward to OS updates

Anthony