Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: does anybody like the Q10???

I'm personally disappointed with the Q10 (bb10 software)  If I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have got it. I've been trying to be very patient and understanding that some "bugs" need to be ironed out and that not all apps will be available, but I consider my needs to be very basic. ---- If anyone has solutions to these issues please let me know, much appreciated

I "upgraded" from a Torch to the Q10 when it came out. First disappointment was when I found out that when trasfering my data from torch to q10, it did NOT take my emails. (@rogers.blackberry.net) So now I hold on to the other phone in case I need to reference something (many emails for business use)

After getting past that and setting up a gmail account, I then found that it doesn't store the whole history. versus Torch where I had emails still from 2010 (probably from the Bold 9000)  The Q10 has less than 30days - Ridiculous

TEXTS - very sloooow. After composing a short text and pressing send, it takes about 10sec for the msg to appear on the chat. Also, when I want to check a text history (conversation) intermittently it will not appear until I send another msg  vs Torch, all instant  (please do not blame the network, otherwise would happen with other phone)

Music - where are the sound adjustments? at least before you could choose a preset, i would expect an equalizer by now

GPS - it has improved since the big update, but at first took about 5min to locate me. The paths it suggests are not better and I wish I could still use the "i" and 'o" to zoom in and out. Also, while in the gps application and searching through contacts, you have to scroll and can't type to skip - very annoying with over 500 contacts

Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dampolak wrote:

it did NOT take my emails. (@rogers.blackberry.net) So now I hold on to the other phone in case I need to reference something (many emails for business use) 

No, all @yourcarrier.blackberry.net email accounts are being discontinued on BB10, and regardless of BB10, you'd be wise to migrate away from that email account to a free Outlook.com, Yahoo or Gmail account. I don't see how anyone could use that email account for business. The ONLY place you can read blackberry.net email is ON the BlackBerry, there is no back of those message on any server either.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Smartone

I do love Q10 and it is amazing. However I do have some problem on the sync function but I think I can solve it very soon coz Hong Kong is going to launch this product to the market. Hope there solution can be provider by the carrier.
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Jsanders you been busy in this thread lol
Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

peterColb wrote:
I've had nearly all BlackBerry phone this Q10 is a great starting point for blackberry but missing some important features auto off fm radio to mention two

Just an update, FM radio will be available to the Q10 with the 10.2.1.xxx update, I don't know when it will be released.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

after upgrade 2 weeks ago i moved from a bb 9800 torch to a samsung s4. it lasted all of an hour before it either was thrown out the window or sent back. luckily i decided to put it back in its box and take it back to vodafone.

they were shocked as i was the first to return one.

might be because im old fasioned and like real keys. swapped it for a Q10 and after the a few teething problems im loving it. yes i miss the scroll bar and the back return button but after 2 weeks im soooo glad i changed.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Yes, version 10.2.1 is due for January 2014. It brings back some loved features:

- Speed dial from desktop
- Tap instead of swipe for taking phone calls
- Create groups of contacts
- Torch app now integrated
- Direct loading of .apk Android apps (no need to convert to .bar first)
- User can choose to delete mail on handheld only

and much more.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You can get 10.2.1 right now if you want it. I'm using it on both my Q10 and my Z10. It is working very well-as good as any released 10.1 version and the new features make the device so much more enjoyable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

me updated last week so does that mean we can already get these updated bits mentioned above

Yes, version 10.2.1 is due for January 2014. It brings back some loved features:

- Speed dial from desktop
- Tap instead of swipe for taking phone calls
- Create groups of contacts
- Torch app now integrated
- Direct loading of .apk Android apps (no need to convert to .bar first)
- User can choose to delete mail on handheld only

and much more.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

It's available over on CrackBerry.com. You have to load it manually, though, but it's working great for me. I have all those new features.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!