Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: rogers

duplicate calendar entries after swapping my devices

Hi, can someone help me please as after I swapped my devices to Q10 I got the birthdays of my friends migrated from my BB9900 as a local calendar in the new Q10 and the same entries are again showing as part of the facebook account. When I deleted the facebook account, I realized that I still have the same birthdays and I can't clear the local calendar entries as I have other data saved that I don't want to loose it or get to the hassle of reentering it. So please advise how do I get rid of the duplicate entries in the local calendar as the most updated ones will be part of the facebook account.

Thanks
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: duplicate calendar entries after swapping my devices

They are not actually duplicate entries, if they also include data or information you don't have in the other "duplicate" contact, right?

When you open a contact for friend, at the bottom of that screen click on the Links at the bottom and save (to merge) those links that are duplicates

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

The duplication is in the calendar and not contacts. And the duplication is in my friend's birthdays which are also listed on my facebook account. These can't be linked, so when I delete my facebook account I still get the same birthdays on the local calendar and I need to clear these entries
New Contributor

Also note that I can't clear the local calendar (full delete) cause I will loose my other data
Super Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

I agree, the Local calendar is something I want cleaned out.  All I can do is turn it off with "Manage".

blackdiamond77 wrote:
Also note that I can't clear the local calendar (full delete) cause I will loose my other data

You can clear your local calendar without clearing your local contacts.

I still don't understand why don't just clear you local calendar, only. Do you need to know how?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor

How does one clear the local calendar without doing each entry one by one?  I want it totally gone!

vfk wrote:

How does one clear the local calendar without doing each entry one by one?  I want it totally gone!

Settings > Accounts > tap the bottom right three dots more icon > Clear Local Calendar.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor

Thanks.... I've been looking for an answer on this for months!

New Contributor

Sandra, I can't clear my local calendar as it will have other reminders and alarms that I don't want to use. There's nothing to be done with the contacts we are talking about calendars only. So do I take it that the migrated birthday entries into the local calendar they are to either stay or cleared via clearing the local calendar? Am looking for a partial deletion to these entries