Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat

email account still linked to BB PIN of old Blackberry, cant receive

Hi,

I have purchased the new Q10 2 days ago and it is a brilliant phone. i have switched from a bold 9900, on blackberry link. the only problem is, that one of my email accounts cannot send emails out (a webmail adress), only receive. the other one (work) works perfectly.

after talking to my provider for a longtime, he found, that my email accounts are still linked to my old BB PIN and that this might be a reason for the problem. i have registred the new phone with blackberry ID.

My questions: does anyone know, how i can change that link. i want my new Q10 to recognise my email accounts and link it to new BB PIN. how do i do that.

or if you dont think that this is the problem, what else could i do? on bold 9900 both exact email worked perfectly. and still do in fact.

many thanks for urgent help.

Nik

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: email account still linked to BB PIN of old Blackberry, cant receive

Hello Nik,

Q10 and 9900 are suing 2 different systems. So whether or not its linked or not does not matter.

Once you have logged into your BBID, (assuming your 9900 is running all the latest OS), everything would be transferred where possible. Emails are not automatically transferred and you will need to setup on the Q10 yourself.

Now, what is the email service provider for the one that does not work? for many emails provided by ISP's (such as AT&T) may have problem with this. This is reported already and its known to be the problem on the service provider.