Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

email messages disappearing

All events (emails, texts, notifications) have disappeared from the BB Q10 Hub.  Only one email account still shows emails but it is not visible if I choose the HUB (Says :no entries in this view).  I have had business email come and then disappear before I get a chance to open them. 

Is there something I can do to fix this?  I use the phone for business and this is very distressing.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: email messages disappearing

Do you have another application running that accesses your email? For instance, do you have Outlook running that is pulling your email off the server and storing it in a personal folder? If the email is removed from the server it will be removed from the Q10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

No, I have not made any changes to the accounts that are also setup on the Q10.  I have started to received new emails and texts, phone calls etc that are showing up again.  All previous events have been lost on the Blackberry.  Fortunately, I do keep a copy on the server and can access the emails from the PC.  The text history and phone call history is gone though.  Smiley Sad

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

[ Edited ]

I am having the same issue: all hub notifications are gone: phone calls, messages, emails on both accounts, so on. I have troubles în getting new emails and I am using a web client to cope with the loss. I will try to delete both account and reinstall all settings. Calls and messages are probably lost forever. Smiley Sad

LE: Calendar events are all gone!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fortunately I didn't lose my calendar events.  I do keep a paper copy of those as well.  The only thing I really lost was replies to emails made with my BB Q10 and text messages.   It is strange that BB support is quiet about this as it seems to be an issue.  I am not impress with the fact that I have to double enter everything (paper records and phone).  I suppose I will also have to cc myself on every email reply using the phone to ensure I have a copy of those as well.  I guess I should have waited longer before buying the new phone.

I suggest you backup everyday!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: q10

Had the same issue, i cant understand that blackberry is not working on this problem and seems they do not take this issue seariously.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update: both accounts are now reinstalled - device refuses to fetch older emails and struggles to receive new ones. So, my oldest email is from today, still no calendar events fetched from Gmail calendar, no sms or calls history. I've restarted the device several times with no improvement.

LE: re-installed both accounts, changing initial retrieval time to 90 days and all emails are back. Not sure what to do with sms and calls. 

Contributor

I have now discovered that the Hub Management festure randomly shuts off my email accounts,  text messaging, BBM, phone calls.???  I go in and turn them back on only to later discover that something else has been shut off.  They seem to be still coming into the accounts but I don't see them if use the main "Hub" feature.  I'm really at a loss as to what to do.  I have already reinstalled the operating system because I couldn't access the camera features.  This is getting to the point of ridiculous.  I am phoning support and seeing what solutions they may have.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, after re-installing all accounts I've found that, somehow, all my emails from the past 10 days have been erased from the server. I know, sounds like something you shouldn't believe but I'm IT articulate and I have checked the server logs (both Gmail and work) and BlackBerry agent deleted the messages. The server logs showed that all the messages were deleted in the same timestamp (it is impossible that me, or some other user, to delete app. 100 emails on both accounts in the same second).

Casualties: lost data from 100 emails (some concert tickets and pdf's from work - nothing important! Smiley Sad

Side effects : hub acts strange (hiding/showing events randomly) and contacts, sometimes, not displaying phone numbers. Oh, and the last one: search contacts, choose a contac, write a message and close. Open again contacts and you will be in the sms application!

Contributor

I found that my Hub was doing the same thing.  I would go in and turn all accounts on for Hub Management only to go back in and find that some where randomly turned off.  Phone included!!  I went searching and found what seems to be a solution on the Crackberry forum. 

Go into Hub Management - DO NOT scroll down the screen to make changes, use the spacebar on the key board to move down the screen - turn on the accounts you would like to view in the main HUB. Once you have turned all your accounts on, use the spacebar to get to the bottom, and then touch the back arrow twice to get out of the hub manager/settings.   Why this works I don't know -  but I have not had a problem since I did this.   Good luck!