Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: having trouble

I couldn't send messages when the country code was US +1, but then I went to my carrier service centre and someone fixed it but now I can only send messages when I type the number withou the code (+374). But it's not good for me because I get messages from a number with the code and I sms that number using it without the code. I thought I can fix it by changing my country code to Armenia but when I change it I am unable to send messages at all.

New Contributor

AT first the country code was US(+1) and I couldn't send sms then I went to my carrier service centre and someone fixed it but after it I can only send messages when I type the number without my armenian code(+374) . But it is not useful because I get text messages from numbers with the code +374 and I send messages to numbers without that code so it's like my received and sens SMSs are seperated. I tried to fix it by changing my country code to armenian (in phone settings), but when I change it to armenian code I am unable to send messages at all.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Hmm, these settings are different for every country and it is difficult to help as I don't know the specifics of Armenia. In the smart dial settings, does the "National Number Length" match the Armenian number length (this is the number without the country code, so +374 1234567 would have a number length of 7.

If that does not help, try to set a country code that does not do smart dialling. Try to set "Albania". This will disable Smart Dialling completely.
New Contributor

I tried changing country code to Albania TO DISABLE SMART dialing because nothing else was helping.  But when I change it to Albania I cannot send SMS texts at all.....Please tell me what else I can do, because at my carrier service centre they couldn't help me.