Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: rogers

help! bbm prompting me to set up again?

I have had the Q10 for a few months now and BBM has been set up and working fine.  Suddenly this morning, when I clicked to read a message, a screen popped up prompting me to "set up bbm" when I clicked "set up" another screen popped up saying "restoring BBM information".  Its now stuck on this screen.  I have tried pulling the battery with no luck.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: help! bbm prompting me to set up again?

There many ppl complaining of this issue today, please check this thread: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/blackberry-z10-restoring-your-bbm-information/...

A new thread isn't required for the moment.

P.S. A solution though hasnt yet been found.
--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE Smiley Wink
Visitor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Same thing happened to me this morning.  I was about to send a BBM and the BBM set up screen popped up with the spinning circle thingy.  I rebooted (battery pull) 2x and still the spinning circle thingy.  So I just let it be.  Suddenly my BBM ring went off and I see the "set up complete".   The whole thing last about 2 hours (I'm sure it would've been quicker if not for my battery pull interruptions) .   BBM is working fine now.

Is this a BBM update? Anyone know why this happened?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

I did the same thing.. i just left it after a few restarts. Now it works fine