Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: rogers

latest update

I've been a loyal Blackberry customer for well over 10 years. For all this time i resisted from buying any of the new very appealing smartphones like the Iphone and the Samsung. Yesterday i installed the latest update recommended for my Q10. All my SMS messages erased. You guys at Blackberry are incompetents. You dont sell food or cars or TV's, you sell phones. That is your core business. And you dont have the talent or competence to roll out a friggin efficient update.

Anyone thought of testing it before ? My next phone will not be a BB.

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: latest update

We guys (and gals) here are employed by BlackBerry.

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you for your volunteer work. As the domain name for this site belongs to blackberry I assumed it was connected with RIM (now Blackberry), I stand behind my post which was addressed to Blackberry. You can not read it if you like. But it is extremely poor management to rool out an update like this from the people who owns this site.

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

cool...

And, I'll stand behind my statement that this is a user--to-user community support forum.

Oh, look it even says as much at the top of each page of the forum.

peerforums.jpg

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Look sir, or Mam, i am a frustrated blackbery user. I posted a frustrated message on a site owned by Blackberry. I am sorry if i offended you, i am frustrated.

Perhaps you can help me find my lost SMS ?

I have read through the whole site, perhaps other people have the same problem ?

Highlighted
New Contributor

i apologize to blackbery employees for my earlier post. It was not addressed to the right people. I am frustrated with management at blackberry and not the loyal and competent workers. In fact many lost their jobs today unfortunately.

It was a schock to lose all my SMS after the latest update. I had a lot of info (we i should have back up but sadly didnt).

But losing a job is far worse.