Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TELUS
Accepted Solution

my Q10 died today. I cant revive it, help?

Today my Q10 went black and nothing i have tried has helped. I have pulled the battery, rebooted it, plugged it in for a lengthy amount of time but still no sign of life. Help

Contributor
My Device: Q10 SQN100-1
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: my Q10 died today. I cant revive it, help?

Left plugged in for at least 4 hrs
BerryLeaks Co-Founder

Regular Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: Du

blackberry will not help you

i have the same case

i payed 50$ to fix first time

and second time

i payed 700$ for a phone that i am willing to sell now for 300$ or anything just to change it

it will always do the same with you and there is no solution because they still dont know why this is happening

but there is a way to turn the phone on, plug it in wall plug in for 15 seconds then remove it, click the start button for 10 seconds, this will reset the phone but will not remove any info from it. keep the phone a while, try turn it on later and after many trials it will turn on, not from the first time, after many times it will turn on, sometimes it takes me a day to turn on. this will turn on the phone but wont solve the probleme.

good luck

Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

HASSESSA wrote:

blackberry will not help you

i have the same case

i payed 50$ to fix first time

and second time

i payed 700$ for a phone that i am willing to sell now for 300$ or anything just to change it

it will always do the same with you and there is no solution because they still dont know why this is happening

but there is a way to turn the phone on, plug it in wall plug in for 15 seconds then remove it, click the start button for 10 seconds, this will reset the phone but will not remove any info from it. keep the phone a while, try turn it on later and after many trials it will turn on, not from the first time, after many times it will turn on, sometimes it takes me a day to turn on. this will turn on the phone but wont solve the probleme.

good luck

BlackBerry will help you if YOU call your mobile operator tech support as per your contract with your mobile provider, and then get them to ESCALATE the issue up to BlackBerry tech support.

That's the way it works.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Optus

Hi, my Q10 died as well - keyboard, swiping and then would not reboot. I purchased the phone outright and took it back to the phone store where I purchased it from and no one knows what to do with the phone including Blackberry. I purchased the phone in Australia and Blackberry Australia does not seem to know what to do about it. I have waited over two weeks so far and now becoming a little frustrated. I love my Q10, but would really appreciate some customer support from Blackberry Australia. I am hoping that they will just give me a new phone given that it completely died and is still under warranty.
Regular Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: Du

The best thing to do is once the phone is turned on, backup the info, reset to factory settings, restore backup and try to keep the phone relaxed, don't do a lot of heavy things. Otherwise it will die again and again and again, it's a blackberry, dying became a fact.

Jboschen, what have you done to revive the device?
When you try to reboot, what happens on screen and the LEDs?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Optus

Hi J Sanders, when I took it back to the reseller it was on (although not working). They tried to reset the phone to its factory settings and the phone then went into this thinking mode for around 45 minutes. The store then pulled out the battery to try again and the phone would not restart. Thanks. John.

Then they are responsible for it's failure and should give you a warranty replacement device.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: 9810, 9860, 9790, 9900, Q10
My Carrier: Hi (KPN)

There is a simple solution. My BlackBerry Q10 did nothing, even not a red light or anything at all. To restore your BlackBerry do the following:

1) take out your SIM card;
2) take out your media card;
3) take out your battery;
4) diconnect form any charger;

The following is verry important in the proces.
Keep everything out for at least a day!!!
After that reinstall everything and...

Magic happens, your Q10 would start up.
Put it directly at a charger after this to fully load your battery.