Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: German

nothing works?

Received my Q10 today

All through wifi:

Tried caldav / carddav sync with owncloud - doesn't work

Tried connection to icloud - doesn't work

Tried connection to gmail - doesn't work ("your login information for imap server [imap.gmail.com] has changed...")

Tried to sync my contacts from osx address book - none are listed (?) although there are thousands

Fiddled around with writing next, moving cursor, copy and paste - which is a HASSLE! I still didn't figure out what actually triggers which command (move cursor, highlight text, get the "copy menu")

Coming from iPhone because i was looking forward to have a keyboard and finally the ability to add all sorts of accounts without having a blacklberry option with my ISP...

This is a really bad phone?

software version: 10.1.0.238

Is anyone working with this phone?

Greetings, Christoph

My Carrier: Bell

Re: nothing works?

It is a bad phone.

Same as you I came from iphone a week ago.  Bad call....

New Contributor

I am really frustrated. I got a bit further with gmail but not the rest. I can't believe this! For 600€ ... I will have to send it back, as it seems.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone,

I kept my Q10 and I wanted to come back and express how pleaseed I am with it now after using it for 2-3 weeks.

First to answer my lown list:

Owncloud cal/carddav sync: I had to tweak my server a bit but now all works fine. Instead of mysite.com/carddav BB10 requires e.g. Carddav.mysite.com, meaning it doesn't allow any / in the carddav URL. Fair enough, although i think that BB10 could be a bit less restrictive there for simplicity of usage.

Gmail account setup worked after many tries at some stage. I can't tell you what made the difference in the end but now all works flawless now.

And icloud: here it comes: i used a wrong password when i tried to connect to icloud which obviously stopped the account from being activated. I am sorry for flagging up an item where the mistake was clearly on my side. Icloud accounts are very simple to be activated and it works flawless. To me excuse: in my overall first frustration i didn't realize my mistake. Still: my bad!

Addressbook contact import works, if all contacts are copied to the local address book on the mac. Bit of a hassle but fair enough. Now my carddav account works anyways so i don't need it anymore.

When writing emails or doctogo documents, then the keyboard actually works great and the copy, paste, moving cursor functionality works super!

I never got to that point when i wrote my initial post though where i didn't get to the stage of writing an email.

While in the account setup, the interface works very itchy in my opinion, it's a lot of touchpad clicks, that actually don't do anything and that the device doesn't react to and it all feels a bit like a lottery on what will happen to your cursor if you single or double click.

As the account setup is the first thing that a new user gets in contact with, maybe this should be a bit optimized for the touchscreen usability. Maybe this also explains a bit all the initial frustration of new users as well?

Anyways: once you get to writing emails: i like it a lot!

The keyboard is great and in the end i am now using the Q10 as my business phone and working with it productively.

There are still items that the blackberry developers have to work on, i am sure.But there is also a lot of thought, design and engineering put into this device and software which i appreciate a lot and which makes my day by day experience with the Q10 very productive.

I hope this puts my initial post a bit into perspective and that it shows new users that there is a solution for all the items I critizised.

Looking forward already to the next software release which will make the device again a bit better (talking now e.g. Speed dialing), I am sure.

I hope all the above makes sense...

KR CK

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Thank you for your follow up. Sometimes it pays not to give up! I have switched my production device from my Blackberry 9790 to Q10 two weeks ago and at the beginning, it was a bumpy ride, but now I really get a long well. Still some glitches, but no show stoppers.