Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: German

nothing works?

Received my Q10 today

All through wifi:

Tried caldav / carddav sync with owncloud - doesn't work

Tried connection to icloud - doesn't work

Tried connection to gmail - doesn't work ("your login information for imap server [imap.gmail.com] has changed...")

Tried to sync my contacts from osx address book - none are listed (?) although there are thousands

Fiddled around with writing next, moving cursor, copy and paste - which is a HASSLE! I still didn't figure out what actually triggers which command (move cursor, highlight text, get the "copy menu")

Coming from iPhone because i was looking forward to have a keyboard and finally the ability to add all sorts of accounts without having a blacklberry option with my ISP...

This is a really bad phone?

software version: 10.1.0.238

Is anyone working with this phone?

Greetings, Christoph

My Carrier: Bell

Re: nothing works?

It is a bad phone.

Same as you I came from iphone a week ago.  Bad call....

New Contributor

I am really frustrated. I got a bit further with gmail but not the rest. I can't believe this! For 600€ ... I will have to send it back, as it seems.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone,

I kept my Q10 and I wanted to come back and express how pleaseed I am with it now after using it for 2-3 weeks.

First to answer my lown list:

Owncloud cal/carddav sync: I had to tweak my server a bit but now all works fine. Instead of mysite.com/carddav BB10 requires e.g. Carddav.mysite.com, meaning it doesn't allow any / in the carddav URL. Fair enough, although i think that BB10 could be a bit less restrictive there for simplicity of usage.

Gmail account setup worked after many tries at some stage. I can't tell you what made the difference in the end but now all works flawless now.

And icloud: here it comes: i used a wrong password when i tried to connect to icloud which obviously stopped the account from being activated. I am sorry for flagging up an item where the mistake was clearly on my side. Icloud accounts are very simple to be activated and it works flawless. To me excuse: in my overall first frustration i didn't realize my mistake. Still: my bad!

Addressbook contact import works, if all contacts are copied to the local address book on the mac. Bit of a hassle but fair enough. Now my carddav account works anyways so i don't need it anymore.

When writing emails or doctogo documents, then the keyboard actually works great and the copy, paste, moving cursor functionality works super!

I never got to that point when i wrote my initial post though where i didn't get to the stage of writing an email.

While in the account setup, the interface works very itchy in my opinion, it's a lot of touchpad clicks, that actually don't do anything and that the device doesn't react to and it all feels a bit like a lottery on what will happen to your cursor if you single or double click.

As the account setup is the first thing that a new user gets in contact with, maybe this should be a bit optimized for the touchscreen usability. Maybe this also explains a bit all the initial frustration of new users as well?

Anyways: once you get to writing emails: i like it a lot!

The keyboard is great and in the end i am now using the Q10 as my business phone and working with it productively.

There are still items that the blackberry developers have to work on, i am sure.But there is also a lot of thought, design and engineering put into this device and software which i appreciate a lot and which makes my day by day experience with the Q10 very productive.

I hope this puts my initial post a bit into perspective and that it shows new users that there is a solution for all the items I critizised.

Looking forward already to the next software release which will make the device again a bit better (talking now e.g. Speed dialing), I am sure.

I hope all the above makes sense...

KR CK

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Thank you for your follow up. Sometimes it pays not to give up! I have switched my production device from my Blackberry 9790 to Q10 two weeks ago and at the beginning, it was a bumpy ride, but now I really get a long well. Still some glitches, but no show stoppers.