Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: fido

Re: q10 reboots

I am pretty sure now it's the battery issue. My phone had rebooted 3 times today, I js tried twist my earplug and that rebooted (I found its extremely easy to trigger a rebooting issue when earplug is on). I have tried placing the folded paper at the very beginning and it wasn't that effective for me. I guess it's because folded paper offers buff when it comes a collision but that doesn't help with the loosing battery. Would it work if I tape it somehow?
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I don't understand your question.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: Rogers

I've been having the reboot issue as well.  It's kind of messed up where it happens randomly upon impact.  I can place my phone lighly on a table and it would reboot.  Then try again purposely with impact and it would not.  It's like my phone had a mind of its own!

I think I figured out what it is.  First and foremost it's Blackberry not paying attention to the details which dissapoints me because I truly want Blackberry to succeed.  I am pretty confident it's how the battery fits into the slot.  It's such a minute detail but given the feedback here it IS an issue.  I don't know what it is, whether it's the connection spring being too weak or whatever.    

Here's what I did to fix it.  I took a tiny piece of paper and folded it a few times and placed it on the opposite side of where the battery connects to the phone to make the battery more snug in order to prevent movement.  I haven't had a problem since.  

Please try it and provide feedback here if it works.  

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, similar to what was suggested above. Thanks.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code