Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: q10

Tom82 wrote:

Ive done a wipe, and clean restore without backing up device.

Sorry, but that process doesn't make any sense...a restore means restoring data from a previously taken backup. So I'm not quite sure what you've done there...

Let me lay out in more detail the process I recommend:

1. Document your full configuration so that you can manually reconfigure from it
  2. On Device WIPE
  3. AutoLoader OS install
  4. On Device WIPE

Now reconfigure (not restore) just the affected email account, nothing else, and see what happens

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: bell mobility

Sorry, clearly i misunderstood what "wipe" meant.

I did a data wipe via the phone. When that didnt work, i connected phone to samsung link and reset phone to factory, erasing all settings and data. Essentially the phone was set to factory settings.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Samsung link? Somehow, I think that would not apply to a BlackBerry device...are you sure about this?

In any event, I still recommend doing as I laid out for you above. ResetToFactory still depends on what is on the device, and if that is corrupt, it may not be able to fix it. The AutoLoader OS load is the cleanest method available.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

oops, it was a long day at work.I meant Blackberry link. Im not comfortable modifying the OS myself. Ill wait for OTA update or just get a different phone if this problem persists. we will see how it works over the next few days with current attempts at solving the problem.

Hall of Famer III

Tom82 wrote:

oops, it was a long day at work.I meant Blackberry link.

Ah...OK.

Tom82 wrote:

Im not comfortable modifying the OS myself.

I'm not suggesting you modify the OS at all...simply reload the OS cleanly, to clear up any corruption that may exist.

Tom82 wrote:

Ill wait for OTA update

If I had to guess, I'd say that won't help, unless it is a full replacement OTA update (a rare event)...typically, the OTA update is similar to the Sachesi method...replacing the various bar files that are the components of the OS being updated at that time, but leaving everything else in place. So, if the corruption is within something that is not part of the update, then the update won't help with the corruption.

But, it is always your decision...I can provide plenty of the recommendations and instructions, but it is your decision as to how to proceed.

Good luck!

Contributor

So, its been a couple days. Email issue is solved. Not on wifi it absolutely is instant. On wifi, it takes a bit. So, i only connect wifi when needed.

As for multiple texts. Still having the issue. Its a new phone, so im scared to wreck it. Is the autoloader method complete? Or do i have to install .bar files because ive read but i cant figure that out. i see auto loaders for 10.2.1 and 10.3 but cant seem to see any for 10.2.2(not even in the link you provided)

Hall of Famer III

AutoLoaders are complete...if you choose the right one. There are variations out there, and hybrids. But I only use the full and complete versions, so no other things to install to the device. I just did so this past weekend, taking my Z30 up to 10.2.2.1531.

There are no official 10.3 AutoLoaders...it is not a released OS. So anything 10.3 is purely a leak, and problems should be expected. But, 10.2.2.1531 is official, and you can find the AutoLoader here:

Good luck!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awesome. Thanks. Ill see about giving it a try tomorrow. I see it has radio .bar files. Do i need those? Sorry, ive never done this to a phone. Usually i stick with fixing cars.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

You only need one download, the full Q10 AutoLoader, which includes everything, including the radio files. Refer:

Screenshot003.jpg

Good luck!

Contributor

Thanks. Going to give it a try today.