Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

"The camera can't be started" - help! Two week old BB Q10

Hi everyone,

I was finally able to order my new Q10 on September 1. Did so, waited a week or so for it to arrive. Have been really enjoying it for about two weeks. No bugs, some amount of learning curve but all in all I have been thrilled with the phone.

Today, while shooting some pictures of a cat, using the flash which I rarely use, I got a message that my media card was filling up. Which is isn't, but I stopped everything and went to check it out. The media card is far from full but I deleted a few pics.  Then the camera wouldn't work.

The message you get upon touching the camera app is shown in the line above: The camera can't be started." It's a rectangular box with a blue band at the top. The only option is to click OK. Once you do that, the box goes away and the screen is black with the white camera icon in the middle. No three dots, no edit, no share.  You have to swoosh out of it to get it off the screen.

I Googled around all afternoon and this appears to be a fatal flaw. No amount of rebooting or battery pulling is helping. I even made sure I did not have a "flashlight app," which apparently has its own fatal flaw pattern if you're using the flash on your camera -- they cause each other to freak out and the camera stops then, too. But that's not me.

I called Sprint and they've "never heard of this" but the guy Googled it with me and sees all the posts about it.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do? The last thing I want to do is turn in a gorgeous phone that is practically brand new for a refurbished phone, the bane of my existence.

HELP!

-Kimberly

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: "The camera can't be started" - help! Two week old BB Q10

Hey kimberlysandiego,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

This is a hardware related issue with the camera, please contact your network service provider for repair/exchange options.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!