Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: wind

reboots and restart as I place the phone in a surface. This is embarrasing!

I am extremely dissapointing with my Q10. 

I love the phone but the restarting/rebooting while placing the Q10 on a flat surface is extremely annoying.  The restarting has been occurring twice a day and it cuts me off while I am talking to someone and then I have to wait a like a minute. Why is this happening? 

I have notice that the battery shifts out with a soft knock (or placing it on the surface)  on the phone and I truly believe that the restarting/ rebooting happens because the battery shifts out. 

Why didn't quality control in Blackberry notice this defect?  Why as a loyal customer this is happening to me?  I have been loyal to blackberry all my life started with the Pearl, torch, bold and now q10.  I am extremely dissapointing at Blackberry and quite honest I have lost all hope for this company.  I don't recommend this phone to anyone.  Maybe it is time for Blackberry to exit the market completely as Blackerry cannot event get the battery issue straight.  This should not be happening to anyone.  Apple don't have this problem.  Samsung don't have this problem. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: reboots and restart as I place the phone in a surface. This is embarrasing!

I have a Q10 and it doesn't do anything like that. I'd contact your carrier and work on an exchange/replacement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook, Q10
My Carrier: Orange PL

Re: reboots and restart as I place the phone in a surface. This is embarrasing!

I have the same problem. I'm waiting for a response from the operator.
At this moment, all it took was a piece of a business card inserted on the top of the battery.
Regards,
Maciej