Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

speed dial urgent help

the story so far...

so far so good after my first week of owning a Q10.

updated software and only problem was that it duplicated all my contact entrys so had to manually delete over 260 entries.

the urgent advice i need now is about setting speed dials.

i go to phone page > pull down from top screen > settings > keypress speed dial > set as 9/c security - 8/x fire  or

2 /e cardiac arrest

as you can guess i work in a hospital. the problem is when i press the fast key for any that ive programmed in it brings up a page for:

call a contact

text a contact

applications - bbm / calculator / callender / camera

so its thinking i want something in C and not the speed dial.

any ideas as this is quite important especially if we have a crash call/cardiac arrest  and i have to faff about dialing the emergency number.

thanks in advance

Forums Advisor I

Re: speed dial urgent help

bump. no one with any ideas Smiley Sad

getting a bit desperate now as even vodafone tech help have no idea.

problem now is i cant go back to my 9800 torch as its a micro sim and i havnt got a cradle for it to work in the torch.

Forums Advisor I

Re: speed dial urgent help

3rd time lucky.

now this is strange.

ive just joined 3 other forums including vodafone to see if anyone else has any ideas.

15 minutes ago it was still doing the same thing and taking me to a menu screen.

i download a screen capture app so i can post exactly what its doing and guess what... its working.

i press one of the storred fast dial numbers to get  a screen shot and it dials the number.

only thing i could put this down too is a glitch in the software and loading a new program has kicked its **bleep** into gear.

so i can thankfully say.... case closed.