Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: VErizon

text messages only display contact phone number, not name after software upgrade to 10.2.1.2976

Me again Smiley Happy this forum has been amazing so far! lets try and tackle this one:

after upgrading (with much hesitation) my balckberry software, now all of my text messages, including those pre-existing on my device, only have the contact phone #, and not the contact name. The contact list appears to be in tact. any way to fix this? downgrade the software to the previous version to restore? thanks!!

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: text messages only display contact phone number, not name after software upgrade to 10.2.1.2976

Have you ever found the solution?

I just upgraded Q10 for friend of mine and she had exactly same problem Smiley Sad

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: text messages only display contact phone number, not name after software upgrade to 10.2.1.2976

This can happen after an upgrade. My experience is that the Q10 is re-indexing all contacts after the upgrade and it can take up to 24 hours until the SMS-to-contact assignment is redone.

Just give it some time and it will settle.

Yea that was it had to wait until morning then restart and all was good

Thanks for the reply :-)

Forums Advisor III

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad it works for you.

Please mark the thread that helped you with "Accept as Solution". This helps other users of the forum to find answers faster.

Thanks a lot.

I don't see anywhere where one could "Accept as Solution" ?
Forums Advisor III

Most probably only the original poster, @nancyragazza can do that. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for letting us know it worked.