Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: +84918059423

BB Q5 turns off randomly even if battery is 40% and reflects empty battery

My BlackBerry Q5 turns off randomly once the battery is below 50% at any point (before battery could reach to 20%) and doesn't turn on until I plug in the charger. And when I plug it in to charge, it displays the empty battery (in red with charging symbol). After it turns on battery remains at somewhere between 23-35% (not from 0%) and I end up having a dead phone mid-day everyday. I went and deposited my phone in BB expert center for 2 days (quite unaffordable to live stay disconnected to the web and without emails) after very second day I faced this problem and when I got my phone back I had this issue unresolved and my phone again turned off with 29% battery that evening and this happens everyday. I can not manage to keep the battery level above 50% every time I am out. 

Does anyone know the solution to this? I feel like, I shall ask for a replacement device as Q5 has non-removable battery. Any other way?