Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

BBM "ping" Q5

Hi - I brought new Q5, while using BBM, I noticed when my chat partner is trying to ping me, the mobile doesn't vibrate but only LED flashes, are there any setting I am missing, as I noticed that if I put the BBM alert to vibrate on, then on every message (chat) / ping it does vibrate but not otherwise....any suggestions ?

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Aircel india

Re: BBM "ping" Q5

What you need to vibarte with led or vibrate with tone and led?

New Contributor

So in earlier blackberry's when you get any bbm messages the LED used gto flash, and whenever u get a ping its used to vibrate...however in Q5 when u get ping it doesnot do anything...just led flashs and no vibration...any suggestions???

Contributor

can you tell me your q5 os version and bbm version?

New Contributor

OS is 10 and BBm is also the latest BBM

Contributor

Try to following instructions on your phone

To change notification profiles: 

• Tap Settings from the homescreen or from dropdown menu
  • Tap Notifications
  • Tap Mode to display the dropdown options and select desired profile from there
Contributor

buddy tried my solution?

New Contributor

Hey the solution is not for hte problem i am saying, my profiles and every alert thing is all ok....however just when I get ping, it does not really ping me....hope you get what am saying....

Contributor

Hi Rumits30!

You are right, a BBM "PING" does not generate any special alert, other than the LED notification. Frankly, the entire concept behind the "PING" is thus defeated!! I am afraid, as things stand with BB OS10, we'll have to live with these shortcomings, till such time that the BB product team rolls out a more comprehensive version of the BB OS10.

Can you also please check whether you can set separate ringtones (say, for phone) under the "Normal" and "Phone Calls Only" modes (under Notifications). In case you can, I'd like to know your OS version (to quickly get your version, just type OS in your home screen and you'll get some drop down search results within which "OS Version" should be one option; tap on it and you'll get all the details).