Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Rogers

BBM - resource usage

I do not load BBM, do not use BBM, have not given it a login.  I will make up some mornings and my blackberry seems to have gone through several gigabytes of wireless data(I've installed Max NEtwork Stat) while I did nothing.  I woke up the nigh hours of this morning to find the battery drained, ran quick settings and saw the attached screen.
; Most of the last 12 hours my blackberry would have had nothing in the recent app screens, and would have been screenless.  What gives?  And how do I stop this from happening again?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BBM - resource usage

hold power button down for 30 seconds to reboot it and then check to see if it still does it

or

set up BBM and then it wont do that any more

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer
My Carrier: Rogers

I did set up BBM, and despite not loading it since the last charge up(and not having it in recent apps), I got this today.  This is just wrong: no reason should an app I can't uninstall and don't use sap 5/6 of this devices power needs for hours on end.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Go to notification setting and disable all notifications for BBM. It helped me. And also look into BBM if you dont have any unread notifications (asterisk in left corner)
Super Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9300 curve 3G
My Carrier: cell c

Remove media card and sim card >

Replace battery only. let it boot up

Remove battery now insert sim card and media

Follow the boot up