Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

BlackBerry Q5 Error 0015.

[ Edited ]

Hello Blackberry and Blackberry users,

Please take 5 minutes from surfing the internet and read my message please! Sorry it's kinda long but please read it :s

This is my first Blackberry device as I always hoped to buy one.. and here I am! I bought it.. Been using the Blackberry Q5 for 5 months without any problems or Errors.. except some minor ones that can be fixed by a simple phone restart and everything was cool for me!

Like a week ago... I saw a notification on my phone to update my software.. so I followed the instructions and was ready to update the phone's software, It says I must free up (900 Megabytes) from my phone memory... I cleared more than 1.5 Gegabyte, then it said to free extra 200 MB. I was hopeless after I removed all my applications and games, Removed the memory card and removed everything from the phone memory... A friend of mine told me to make a Factory reset for the phone through my Laptop via BlackBerry Link.

Plugged my phone and everything was set, I started the factory reset as it was going well.. I don't remember what happened then but all what I can remember that my phone had a small icon in the middle of the screen and was off. then Factory reset thing paused.. for like more than 5/6 hours. I unplugged my phone as I tried to open my phone through the button in the top of the Q5.. It didn't start so, I left it for an hour or more.. then I kept pressing on that button for extra time.. It shutoff, and nothing appeared on the screen except darkness!

I googled for results.. After being reeeeally really desperate, then I saw one of the results that says I press on the "Shutting down button, then Volume+ then Volume-" and the phone blinked Red for a long time, then the "!" in a triangle appeared with "www.bberror.com/bb10-0015" error. I've been trying to look for results on google! I can't find anything helpful for me or anything! I feel I am dying right now. Because my father bought it for me.. and my parents get really **bleep** off fast! And this is my first Smartphone.. If my father know about that, I would be in hell! My blackberry is my life to be honest.. I had a Samsung Corby Pro before this Blackberry. It's not a good phone, that's why I asked my father to buy me a Blackberry. It's my first Blackberry and I really want it back, please help me!

PS: My 2 Laptops do not recogonize that I plugged my phone.. Like before, the Password window appeared then the (Memory Card and the Device Memory) storages appear under my Local Disks. BB Link do not recogonize that I plugged my phone. It's always "Disconnected" .. Can't reload or anything. HELP!!

Any kind of help will be really appreciated! I hope anyone out there help me and give me any kind of Advice..

Kind Regards,

Muhammad N.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Re: BlackBerry Q5 Error 0015.

Good day Muhammad,

Welcome to BlackBerry support forums. It appears your phone got disconnected from network while updating software. 1. Always use good wifi signal to update software 2. Never save media files onto phone memory, rather use Micro SD card.

Now check the following knowledge articel regarding how to make it work: Click Here

After you have gone through the steps mentioned, note any error that come up or any behaviour that stops the phone working properly again. Comment so we can check for futher resolution.

Contributor

Hello Runy, Done this, and my wifi is good. My phone memory got nothing on it. I can't open the phone anymore.. And i saw that error codes before and mothing works.. I am hopeless, really :/ but i thank god i have everything backed up on a file on my main laptop. Kind Regards, Muhammad N.
Contributor

Anyone please reply... I am dying here!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I suggest you reload your OS, and perhaps even move up to the most recent 10.2.1.3253, via an AutoLoader:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Hi Muhammad,

When you say "done this" can you be specific on what you done since we are doing remote assistance. Meantime can you try what Steve suggested above and keep us posted.
Contributor

I am going to try what sdgardne told me to do, and by "done this" i mean that i do not have anything on the device memory and got good wifi signal.

Thank You guys for replying.. But how can i reload my OS when my 2 Computers do not recognize my phone?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

MuhammadN12 wrote:

Thank You guys for replying.. But how can i reload my OS when my 2 Computers do not recognize my phone?

AutoLoaders are very "forceful" installers. They do, like all things, first pre-require the installation of the LINK software so that the proper drivers are installed to the PC to enable basic communications with the device. It may or may not succeed...but, not attempted, the outcome is of course guaranteed.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

sdgardne wrote:

MuhammadN12 wrote:

AutoLoaders are very "forceful" installers. They do, like all things, first pre-require the installation of the LINK software so that the proper drivers are installed to the PC to enable basic communications with the device. It may or may not succeed...but, not attempted, the outcome is of course guaranteed.

Good luck and let us know!

Hello sir..

This is what is happening now. After I downloaded the Autoloader. I extracted it out. Connected my Q5, It just keeps restarting. (Red LED, BlackBerry Logo, BBError.com/bb10-0015 with the ! icon) And the Autoloader is frozen on (Connecting to bootrom)  Nothing else.. The phone is restarting continously.  What can I do?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is what happening right now. Any help? pleeeeease?