Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

My Device: Blackerrry Q5
My Carrier: Koodo

Blackberry Q5 usb link to Blackerry Link not detected

Have spent two weeks researching this issue and have reviewed pretty well everything out there but I still can not get my Q5 to connect through USB to Blackberry Link.  It connects when the WI-FI is on but of course that will not allow me to back up or copy my contacts and calendar.  My old Blackberry worked and everything was automated.  So right now I am using a stupid process with outlook.com which requires me to physically copy up my calendar and contacts.   So this is my final try.  Anything or anybody??

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Q5 usb link to Blackerry Link not detected

I've had similar experiences with phones running earlier OSes as well as my current Z30. I'll try a few times in a row to have it connect then without doing anything differently it'll suddenly show up. I'm not sure why this happens but be aware that eventually it will connect. I'm sure BlackBerry is aware of this and is working on a resolution.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
My Device: Blackerrry Q5
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Blackberry Q5 usb link to Blackerry Link not detected

I was finally able to correct the problem by removing all on the installation files through 3rd party software.  It appears that previous downloads/installation left settings behind.  Once I eliminated all of these I was able to do a clean install which ended the issue.