Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q5
My Carrier: vodacom

Blackbery Q5 doesn't recognize SIM card

I bought the phone in Dubai and i am based in SA. Before setting it up on my Mac I tried a Microsim from my iPad, all seemed fine, and even received SMS. I got excited and set it up on blackberry link, transferred data from my old bb bold, then got a SIM card for the phone, and sim isn't recognized, I have tried several different sim cards, including the one that worked earlier, all I get is an error saying no sim is inserted, even tried a Dubai roaming sim. The phone is definitely unlocked, I have done over 10 software reloads,device wipes, have been to a service provider and blackbery support. They r all telling me I need to tke it back to the shop I bought it from, as its a manufacture problem. Although I strongly think it has to do with new software after the set up. I unfortunately don't have local warranty, and flying to Dubai duty free to return this phone is not feasible. Anybody experienced this, and any help.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH505), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackbery Q5 doesn't recognize SIM card

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB35024 "SIM card not detected" error message is displayed after inserting the SIM card on the BlackBerry Q5 smartphone

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

6 months on and nothing has worked and i am still sitting with a Q5 that can do everyting except operating as a phone (i.e reading a sim, making and receiving calls?

Few palces i took the phone to, here in cape town cand really help...i dont know whst now???

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH505), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Actually, that is completely different than what you first reported. A non-recognized SIM would mean no capability for making/receiving calls. So, that's a bit confusing now. Please clarify that as it will tremendously influence what we recommend you do next.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

basicaly the phone keeps saying no sim card in inserted, even though there is one.

it does not recognise sim cards, and keeps prompting me to enter a sim card.

Hall of Famer III

Go and see your mobile service provider and try a different SIM. Also, make 100% sure that your device is compatible with your carriers network...there are multiple sub-models of BB10 devices, each supporting different carrier networks.