Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 and Playbook 16
My Carrier: telus

Bold back up to Q5 - need help

I had posted this somewhere else on this forum but this is a better place to put this issue up.

- I had a Bold that was updated and backed up using the DesktopSoftware.

- My Bold was stolen, with memory card inside. (my provider suspended the phone without incident)

- I purchased the new Q5, and the setup was done successfully

- I installed the new BlackBerry link software and linked to my new Q5

My issue is with transferring my contacts WITHOUT having my Bold physically hardwired to my PC (its stolen = gone). I need to transfer from the older DesktopSoft directly to my Q5, or directly to the new BBlink soft. I have gone over every place I can think of to find help, including my provider, without avail.

Please can some kind soul help me as this is my work phone as I have all my customers info in the old phone.

P.S. I have a playbook but can't seem to use that machine to transfer my contact list, but in all honesty, I am probably a little frustrated right now and in need of help.

I can't be the first one to have a cell phone stolen...please advise

Thank you in advance

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Bold back up to Q5 - need help

Could you borrow a bold and restore thern transfer over.  I'm not sure BB10 covers restoration from earlier OSs.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 and Playbook 16
My Carrier: telus

Re: Bold back up to Q5 - need help

Hello

Yes I have thought of that, but wouldn't it be the same if I transfer my contact list to my Playbook then to the Q5? I am going to look into bugging someone with a Bold that wants to take a chance with me wiping out their data....not likely.

Thanks for the reply