Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: 3

Completely stuck with blackberry ID

I've had this problem now for ages and my network provider can't help. I've forgotten my blackberry id password , but can't reset it because I've forgotten my email password as its so old. I can't reset my email password as the account is so old its not being recognised as a valid account. So basically I need to change the email account on my blackberry without being able to sign in first! Someone please help! 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Completely stuck with blackberry ID

Unfortunately, without access to the email address it is not possible to reset the password. You will need to create a new BBID. If this were possible it would be possible for you to reset MY BlackBerry ID password, as well as it being possible for someone else to reset yours. We can't have that!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

so there nothing i can do? im stuck with a bb which i cant even use to download an app? i cant have that either!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You can download apps but you'll need to create a new BBID first. Once the new BBID is created you will need to do a security wipe on the device in order to log in with the new BBID.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

what will a security wipe delete on my phone?
Guru II

It will wipe all your data. You can make a backup but you can't restore it to a device with a different BBID. Losing access to your BBID is a major pain but it has to be secure.