Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: EE
Accepted Solution

Copy and paste BBM chat

I have a rather long chat and try to email it, but nothing happens, so I'm guessing it's too large.  I have read around various forums to find this very topic and others talk of copying chat and pasting it into an email.

The problem I'm having is, I can copy it and it confirms it's copied "chat copied" box pops up.  However, sounds dumb, I'm not able to paste it anywhere.  I tried composing an email, but get no option to paste.  I tried creating a doc, in docstogo - again, no option to paste.

Is there a solution?

Many thanks! 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Copy and paste BBM chat

I don't know if this will work for you or not but once data has been copied, the method to paste it is to open the field to which you wish to paste it then press and hold the field for a second or two; that's what brings up the paste feature.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: EE

Re: Copy and paste BBM chat

Bill, you're a star and it worked!  Thanks so much.  I felt sure there was some easy solution, but I couldn't find it in the manual or in forums online.

To be fair, I had to press for a while before it appeared, then when it did, and I tried to press it, it kept disappearing.  I tried about 8 times, then finally I got a bar with icons on, one of which I recognised as the paste icon and voila Smiley Very Happy

Just so I can try fine tune this little gem, is there any way I should press? Or is it more of a swiping action?  Or press, hold or drag?

In the meantime, I will practice.

Thanks again!