Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: EE

Deleting emails - back to square one

For no apparent reason my Q5 has reverted to deleting emails on my computer instead of only on my device.  I cannot find the way to recover the situation - HELP!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: Deleting emails - back to square one

Hello

On devices with OS 10.2.1.1925 and higher version, there are options to delete on Handheld only and delete on Handheld and server.

From BlackBerry Hub, tap three dots at bottom right, setting, display and action. Scroll down and adjust the setting at 'Delete on' field.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals

Contributor

Thanks for the reminder.  However despite being set to delete on device only it had still deleted on computer also.  I've reset it and will see what happens!

Contributor

Still deleting on both - HELP!!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

tonyhay wrote:

I've reset it and will see what happens!

Hi Tony

Is reset means delete your email account? If so, delete that email account again, and reboot your Q5. Push the power button for 20 seconds. The screen will goes blank, the red light blink then reboot. Re-create that email account. Check if there's difference now. Don't forget to set sync interval in email setting as desired. 

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals

Contributor

By "Reset" I meant I'd re-inputted the delete on handheld only instruction.  Reluctant to reset in case I lose all data.