Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: o2.co.uk

Dust under the Q5 screen.

Hey guys,

Because it's more sunny than usual I've noticed quite a lot of dust under my screen.

It's comes from the top left corner where the USB socket is.

It is also where the front facing camera is.

Question is, should I try to get it back to the retailer and hope warranty would cover it or try to clean it on my own?

Matt

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Dust under the Q5 screen.

If it's still under warranty you should go that route.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Hi all blackberry users,

My Q5 also has lots of dust under the screen. I am not sure why there are so much dust underneath. I have used other Blackberry devices and didn't have such an issue.

That problem I also have is that I have receive this device as a gift and now I don't know where to bring it back to get fixed.

Would it be possible that I can clean the dust myself? If this is not a better option, how can I send the phone to blackberry to get fixed?
New Contributor
My Carrier: o2.co.uk

I have visited the retailer which in this case is Carphone Warehouse in their Geek Squad place on Totenham Court Rd. The only thing they can do is send it to Blackberry to get it clean but I will have to pay for this service, despite the fact that It is clearly the manufacturer fault.

It's a shame that buying a phone that works properly is such a hassle.

I would like to contact Blackeberry Customer Service but I can't find any contact details apart from the link to this forum.

Matt

Contributor
My Device: blackberry q5
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi! I'm having same issue is it going through USB port and rear camera??
New Developer
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Wind

Same issue here. It's under warranty but I've unlocked the phone and switched carriers. 

Blackberry support site tells me to contact the carrier. Carrier tells me to contact blackberry.

If anyone finds a support number for blackberry warranty support please post it.

Contributor

That is what I hate. Like passing a ball. Carrier says go back to BlackBerry and BlackBerry says go to carrier. That tells me no one wants to take the responsibility. Once they take your money, you will be on your own.

I would say don't even bother. Switch phone and make sure you have warrantee. If not, dump the old one and get a new one.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

When you use an unlocked device on another carrier that's what happens. All warranty is through your reseller (your previous carrier, in this case.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Developer
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Wind

I can't even say it's 100% under warranty. This phone is an absolute tank and has had much more abuse/use than any other phone I've owned.

It's a minor annoyance: the light required to see the dust makes it difficult to read the screen anyway.

But blackberry has changed manufacturers and when the passport comes out I'll probably pick that up.

Thanks for the feedback!

Contributor

Same here. I see the dust under the light. It is very annoying, I am hoping the passport can come out sooner. I heard it is this September. I am hoping this is true. I can't wait to replace my dusty Q5. I hope the passport will not have the same issue.