Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Etisalat

My phone is getting heated up while I am using it or when it is in my bag and the Battery Drains quickly.

Hi,

I just bought a new Q5 and it looks nice. But I am facing a problem that the phone gets heated up all the time especially in the back side of the phone(battery side). This is happened all the time, while it is charging , while I am using it, even while it is idle in my bag. Is this normal???

Other thing that I am facing is that the battery drains veeeery quickly. it doesn't even last a half day.

I need support in my problems please.

Regards,

YAS

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: My phone is getting heated up while I am using it or when it is in my bag and the Battery Drains quickly.

How long have you had the device? If you have just gotten it set up in the last day or two the device is likely still syncing data and will use battery faster. There is also an app you can get from BBWorld that will show you processes that may be running in the background and allow you to kill them to conserve battery power. It's called "Advanced Manager." You may want to give that a try.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Orange

Re: My phone is getting heated up while I am using it or when it is in my bag and the Battery Drains quickly.

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, but I have had my phone for around two months now, so I'm a little worried. I have checked absolutely everything, but I don't know what might be wrong. Please help.