Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Highlighted
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Nightmare after 10.2.1.573 update (device 'coma', factory reset, cannot restore via blackberry link) (on Etisalat)

[ Edited ]

3 days ago, I updated my Q10 as prompted to the newest software (I'm in the UAE and use etisalat)

Following the update, I rebooted the phone and was faced with the dreaded blackberry 'coma' - where it reboots but then hangs at 99% or 100%

Reading some advice, I let it sit for 2 days at 100% to see if it would eventually resolved - it didn't.  Battery pulls and resets etc also ineffective

I plugged it into my computer and was able to back it up via the blackberry link software.  I then did a factory reset and installed the latest software (10.2.1.573, my OS version is 10.2.1.1925

The phone now boots up fine and syncs with BBerry link - but it will not restore the device.  The error message I get is "restore did not complete.  There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore.  Verify that the device is turned on or connected"  Rebooting the computer, reinstalling link etc, does not work, neither does only reloading part of the data.

Can anybody help, I am desperate, and currently have no way to restore and of my media or contacts!! (my plan with etisalat does not suppost blackberry protect so I don't have that)  Is it true that this is a known problem with blackberry link?

I've heard of people having issues when then they use new leaked updates and then have to downgrade, because BlackBerry Link will not let you restore a backup from an OS that was made on a higher OS version.  However this is not the case here - the backup file was made BEFORE the upgrade so will the the same or lower version of OS

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: Nightmare after 10.2.1.573 update (device 'coma', factory reset, cannot restore via blackberry link) (on Etisalat)

I have the same exact problem with my Q5 I went to many phone shops but no luck ,im trying things my self I any thing worked  I will let you know and please if you have a solution share it with us . I know how does it feel.

Good luck 

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: vodafon

Re: Nightmare after 10.2.1.573 update (device 'coma', factory reset, cannot restore via blackberry link) (on Etisalat)

If you are still at Dubai, to BB store at Dubai Mall. They have technical support there and could help you