Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

Q5 - Can't customize Notifications

I (thought) I had successfully set different sets of notifications under the "Normal" and "Phone only" modes! However, what i set under "Normal" mode also gets preset for "Phone only" mode and vice versa.

Can someone please help!

Contributor

Re: Q5 - Can't customize Notifications

Has anybody been able to setup separate notifications for the Normal and Phone Only profiles? To reiterate, if I set my ringer volume to (say) 50% and use a particular phone ring tone in the Normal profile, I find to my dismay, that the same setting apply to Phone Only profile also.

If anyone has any ideas that can fix this, I'd be much obliged!!
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hello kb08,

Thank you for your question regarding Sound volume in both the Normal and Phone profiles on your BlackBerry Q5 smartphone.

This functionality is currently by design as volume control for both of these profiles are linked.

We appreciate your feedback and will share this comment with the product team.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Thanks for your response. In case you are sharing this with the product team, please also add that it's not limited merely to the volume. Essentially, whatever you do to one profile gets duplicated in totality to the other profile! It's almost as if the two profiles are mirrors. I'm sure this is not a feature by design.

Thanks again.
My Carrier: Telkomsel

I have exactly the same problem! And yes, whatever you change to one profile gets duplicated to the other profile! No use in having different profiles at all this way.
Another point is, that it would be nice to be able to make a customized profile as well (add a profile), at least one... which you were able to do in the previous blackberry OS.. Hope the above issue can be solved soon though...
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10™ - Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

This for sure is Needed in a Phone Like a Blackberry Q5...
I am surprised How the Customisation of Profiles was missed by the developers in the First Stage.
Since this is what the users need and try the Very First Day