Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: EE

Q5 Email Sent Items Not Showing on Phone or Laptop Outlook

Hi,

Bought a Q5 2 days ago. Previously had 9790 which was great. Had a number of IMAP email accounts and when I sent an email it showed as a ticked message on my phone and placed an unread copy in my laptop outlook account. Q5 does not do this. Also even though I have ticked for all folders to sync it does not work. No messages synced. Can anyone help please?

Retired
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Q5 Email Sent Items Not Showing on Phone or Laptop Outlook

Hey

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Can you please confirm if the accounts are now setup on the BlackBerry Q5 smartphone as IMAP? I know you indicated you had a number of accounts using IMAP on your 9790. However I am curious to see if they are IMAP on the BlackBerry Q5 smartphone.

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: EE

Re: Q5 Email Sent Items Not Showing on Phone or Laptop Outlook

Hi,

I have 2 IMAP accounts - both set up as IMAP on 9790 and Q5.

On 9790 when sending an email it showed as a ticked email on phone and placed an unread copy on my laptop. Also when sending an email from the laptop it showed a ticked copy on the phone.

On Q5 only one account shows emails ticked when sent. For the second account the ticked email disappears when sent. Neither account will sync all folders and when I send an email from my laptop they don't leave a ticked copy on my phone. Also they don't leave an unread copy on my laptop.

I've upgraded to a phone I thought was better than my old one and so far I'm very unimpressed not only due to the above but also that the main apps I used on the 9790 don't work on the Q5!

I need this phone for my work so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.