Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Mobinil

Q5 P key not responding

I bought a blackberry Q5 (sim free) from Mobile Shop (with an authorised dealer warranty from Delta) on May 31st 2014. Three days ago the P key stopped responding at all. I took it to the authorised dealer with the warranty paper I found in the box. They refused to replace it and wanted to take it in for repair but I'd have to leave the phone with them for a week. This is really bad service. How am I supposed to stay without my phone for a whole week just to fix a key??? And why wouldn't they replace it? The phone was not dropped and no liquid was spilled on it. I am very disappointed. This is my fourth Blackberry in 4 years and I never had such problems before with any of my other phones. Can anyone help? I've tried a master reboot and the key is still unresponsive. I now copy the P and paste it any time I need to text. I should have bought an iPhone, at least the after sales service is better!!
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Q5 P key not responding

BlackBerry phones come with a one-year warranty. Unfortunately, it's up to the carrier or retailer from whom you got the phone to honor that warranty. Different carriers have different policies when it comes to warranty work; some will offer a loaner while your phone is being fixed, others will not. It might have been a good idea to ask what their policy was. In any case, your phone will be repaired for you but it might take some inconvenience on your part.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.