Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: T-Mobile (EE)

Q5 - Periodically just decides not to let calls out/in?

Just wondered if anyone could shen any light on my issue (and that shared by a work colleague):

Every now and again, for no apparent reason I will go to make a call on the Q5 and immediately says not allowed or couldn't connect.

Simple solution always works, turn off, turn on again.

However - this means that calls have usually been missed - meaning texts fly through once re-booted of people who tried to contact me and couldn't and voicemail messages I didn't receive?

This is happening to me and my colleague - same network, same phone. 

It *could* be that it's a T-Mobile/EE thing - but another colleague has the same phone on o2 and doesn't get this issue?

It's getting to the stage where I have to keep trying voicemail to prove that the phone is still 'working' and accepting calls!

Any help appreciated.

Also - as an aside - my colleague also has trouble with voicemail (again Q5 on T-Mobile/EE).  He knows messages are waiting but when he rings voicemail, he gets the standard greeting then some beeps, then it prompts him to enter a number (he doesn't know which number - and hasn't knowingly set up a password protect on the phone).

This issue may be a T-Mobile/EE one though - but again - any help appreciated.

Love the phones - just need to get these glitches worked out.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Q5 - Periodically just decides not to let calls out/in?

Hey J_A_M_E_S,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

This issue may be related be cause by the Blackberry smartphones Radio version, please see here for more information:

BlackBerry smartphone is unstable after an over the air update due to misaligned BlackBerry 10 OS and radio versions

If you find that the Radio version is correct and differ by one, we would suggest contacting your mobile service provider for further investigation.

Thank you.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: T-Mobile (EE)

Re: Q5 - Periodically just decides not to let calls out/in?

Thanks for the detailed reply - very useful and informative!

I've checked and my radio version IS one different from the OD version ( so I don't think that's the issue.

One possibel reason I have thought of is when a call drops out due to poor signal strength (i.e. isn't ended by pressing a button).  This usually happens when i'm in the car - so bluetooth could also be involved - although it pairs up with my system perfectly every time.

I just wonder if the fact that a call isn't ended 'properly' (either at my end, or theirs) could cause the glitch, meaning that subsequent calls are not allowed in/out?