Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: T-Mobile (EE)

Q5 - Periodically just decides not to let calls out/in?

Just wondered if anyone could shen any light on my issue (and that shared by a work colleague):

Every now and again, for no apparent reason I will go to make a call on the Q5 and immediately says not allowed or couldn't connect.

Simple solution always works, turn off, turn on again.

However - this means that calls have usually been missed - meaning texts fly through once re-booted of people who tried to contact me and couldn't and voicemail messages I didn't receive?

This is happening to me and my colleague - same network, same phone. 

It *could* be that it's a T-Mobile/EE thing - but another colleague has the same phone on o2 and doesn't get this issue?

It's getting to the stage where I have to keep trying voicemail to prove that the phone is still 'working' and accepting calls!

Any help appreciated.

Also - as an aside - my colleague also has trouble with voicemail (again Q5 on T-Mobile/EE).  He knows messages are waiting but when he rings voicemail, he gets the standard greeting then some beeps, then it prompts him to enter a number (he doesn't know which number - and hasn't knowingly set up a password protect on the phone).

This issue may be a T-Mobile/EE one though - but again - any help appreciated.

Love the phones - just need to get these glitches worked out.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Q5 - Periodically just decides not to let calls out/in?

Hey J_A_M_E_S,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

This issue may be related be cause by the Blackberry smartphones Radio version, please see here for more information:

BlackBerry smartphone is unstable after an over the air update due to misaligned BlackBerry 10 OS and radio versions

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34666

If you find that the Radio version is correct and differ by one, we would suggest contacting your mobile service provider for further investigation.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: T-Mobile (EE)

Re: Q5 - Periodically just decides not to let calls out/in?

Thanks for the detailed reply - very useful and informative!

I've checked and my radio version IS one different from the OD version (10.2.0.1791) so I don't think that's the issue.

One possibel reason I have thought of is when a call drops out due to poor signal strength (i.e. isn't ended by pressing a button).  This usually happens when i'm in the car - so bluetooth could also be involved - although it pairs up with my system perfectly every time.

I just wonder if the fact that a call isn't ended 'properly' (either at my end, or theirs) could cause the glitch, meaning that subsequent calls are not allowed in/out?